Truck and bolt on motor mount questions

kenf4345

1 µW
Hey everyone. Im new to the E longboard community and i have been searching the forums for sometime now. I haven't been able to really find any talk about trucks and motor mounts, specifically the bolt on type that torqueboard makes. I have a pair of paris 180mm trucks that which are black and I plan on using with orangatang kegel wheels. I am planning on using dual TorqueBoards E-Power Motor 6355 230KV which are 55mm in length and 63mm in diameter. I wanted to go with a 6S setup with dual HK x-car beast 150A esc's. The motors and the Esc are both sensored.

My question is with the motor mounts on paris truck, how sturdy are these motor mounts. Has anyone had any problems with them rotating on the round paris truck. I didn't want to weld them on because they were already painted black and i was getting black mounts as well.

My other question is has anyone had issues with the mounts and paris trucks being perpendicular to each other. There is a gradual sloping of the truck that starts about 1 inch from the end. I don't know how many people have had issues with this or if this is an issue.

My final question is with running a dual rear wheel setup is there even enough room to run two of the torqueboard 63mm motors if they are 55mm in length.

kenf4345 said:
Hey everyone. Im new to the E longboard community and i have been searching the forums for sometime now. I haven't been able to really find any talk about trucks and motor mounts, specifically the bolt on type that torqueboard makes. I have a pair of paris 180mm trucks that which are black and I plan on using with orangatang kegel wheels. I am planning on using dual TorqueBoards E-Power Motor 6355 230KV which are 55mm in length and 63mm in diameter. I wanted to go with a 6S setup with dual HK x-car beast 150A esc's. The motors and the Esc are both sensored.

Hi Ken,

I have new kegel drive wheels as well which I haven't listed on the website yet.

Sensored should work perfectly fine. You just need to make sure the A B C motor wires line up to the A B C on the ESC and the hall sensor wires are plugged in.

kenf4345 said:
My question is with the motor mounts on paris truck, how sturdy are these motor mounts. Has anyone had any problems with them rotating on the round paris truck. I didn't want to weld them on because they were already painted black and i was getting black mounts as well.

The mounts are sturdy. When you do clamp hard, the paint (anodize/power coat) will come off on the clamped area.

kenf4345 said:
My other question is has anyone had issues with the mounts and paris trucks being perpendicular to each other. There is a gradual sloping of the truck that starts about 1 inch from the end. I don't know how many people have had issues with this or if this is an issue.

Someone did make them more perpendicular which would most definitely help. I've used them without and it rides fine.

kenf4345 said:
My final question is with running a dual rear wheel setup is there even enough room to run two of the torqueboard 63mm motors if they are 55mm in length.

Yes, there is room for dual 55mm length motors. I'll have to take a photo of it and post it.

Back