Trying to get throttle function connecting eye 3 display to Damao 60v 5600w single rear drive e scooter

lilhorse

1 µW
Hey all, I'm new to the endless circle but my circle is never endless. Haha.

Anyway, I have a who knows what named scooter maybe such and such 'Beast' which has a Damao 60v 5600w rear wheel single motor and controller.

The controller has the connections to connect to a front controller but is single hub driven.

I aquirred it after the previous owner had a minimal fallin' off but not minimal enough to avoid breaking of the original Damao MA01 display at the connector to the display itself.

I recieved with the scooter a new eye minimotors 72v display throttle as somehow I think the old owner thought that was the same one.

Now while I've read in AliExpress listings that this display only works with minimotors controllers and won't work with others,
I have battery voltage to the display via red wire,
Battery voltage returned to controller via the blue wire,
Ground being black to black back to back,
Then I am left with green white and yellow from the eye m display and green and white on my controller display connection with the white splitting off alongside the blue to secondary controller connection.
If that makes sense.
From the display, the green tests as 0.8v+ and curves to 3.6 3.7 with throttle.
The white is 2.1v+ bounces around constant up to 2.8ish and back down and so on.
The yellow is Reading 64v- and using the original cable from MA01 display had it's own single connection at the controller end to plug seperately to the display 5 pin connection.
Controller side
White is showing 4.9-5v + and green 4.8-4.9v
If I connect green to green and white to white I still get no throttle function.and vice versa.

There is a single blue connection from controller which is 64v- which I assume the single 64v- connector from display goes too and when I have it connected and connect the single green SELf learning connector the hub runs but speed doesn't change on display..
I do not have eco dual switch hooked up as there is no dual motor I am wondering what I'm missing or doing wrong.
I have power to display voltage from throttle battery voltage on display range trip no fault codes but no throttle function
Apologies my phone is so shit quality for photos

Hmmm please 🥺

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_014951.jpg
    IMG_20240304_014951.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240303-021710.png
    Screenshot_20240303-021710.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240304_020054.jpg
    IMG_20240304_020054.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • xp52jgylk8l91~2.jpg
    xp52jgylk8l91~2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240304_015421.jpg
    IMG_20240304_015421.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240304_015321.jpg
    IMG_20240304_015321.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240304_015141.jpg
    IMG_20240304_015141.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240304_015208.jpg
    IMG_20240304_015208.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240304_014920.jpg
    IMG_20240304_014920.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240303-021710.png
    Screenshot_20240303-021710.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 5
  • c9dea3a5dc164e0805c7c100a1f47f77517c1f92_2_375x500.jpeg
    c9dea3a5dc164e0805c7c100a1f47f77517c1f92_2_375x500.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6
If the original controller/display had a separate throttle analog voltage signal wire, then since the new one does too, then finding the right wire for that on the original controller (by measuring the changing voltage range from around 0.8 to around 3-4v as you move the throttle on the original display/throttle unit) and connecting the new one to that would provide the right throttle signal, and possibly allow the controller to operate. If the original display is missing you can't test for this, and would have to find the info about the original controller, or guess and try different wirings until it worked or blew something up.

(sometimes you can open up the controller and find markings that show which wire is which, but most of them that even have markings aren't useful, or consistent with other markings on known wirings for other controllers).

If there's no analog separate throttle voltage in the original, then the throttle on the original is sent with other data over serial comm lines, and one with an analog voltage (like the one you have there) won't work.

But displays use various communication protocols, and are generally not intercompatible, so most controllers require their original display to work, and can't be made to work with anything else, even if the wiring and connectors and whatnot are identical. (even if the displays look identical and are the same brand/model they may not work because their firmware can be different, creating different data being sent over the serial comms).

In that event it's likely that you will either have to replace the controller with one that works with the new display, or replace the new display with the original kind.

If you have to replace the controller, I would recommend using one with an analog throttle input separate from the display, so that when it gets broken you can use "any" standard such throttle, and not be stuck replacing either the entire system again, or finding a potentially rare display/throttle combo.

If the original controller/display had a separate throttle analog voltage signal wire, then since the new one does too, then finding the right wire for that on the original controller (by measuring the changing voltage range from around 0.8 to around 3-4v as you move the throttle on the original display/throttle unit) and connecting the new one to that would provide the right throttle signal, and possibly allow the controller to operate. If the original display is missing you can't test for this, and would have to find the info about the original controller, or guess and try different wirings until it worked or blew something up.

(sometimes you can open up the controller and find markings that show which wire is which, but most of them that even have markings aren't useful, or consistent with other markings on known wirings for other controllers).

If there's no analog separate throttle voltage in the original, then the throttle on the original is sent with other data over serial comm lines, and one with an analog voltage (like the one you have there) won't work.

But displays use various communication protocols, and are generally not intercompatible, so most controllers require their original display to work, and can't be made to work with anything else, even if the wiring and connectors and whatnot are identical. (even if the displays look identical and are the same brand/model they may not work because their firmware can be different, creating different data being sent over the serial comms).

In that event it's likely that you will either have to replace the controller with one that works with the new display, or replace the new display with the original kind.

If you have to replace the controller, I would recommend using one with an analog throttle input separate from the display, so that when it gets broken you can use "any" standard such throttle, and not be stuck replacing either the entire system again, or finding a potentially rare display/throttle combo.
The broken display is the one in the picture above the last one well not the exact one but the same one but with the connection broken off. Any idea what the white and green controller side displays wires are at those voltages? I have seen posts of throttle wires been added to eliminate the finger throttle but I'm sure if have the same issue.

The broken display is the one in the picture above the last one well not the exact one but the same one but with the connection broken off. Any idea what the white and green controller side displays wires are at those voltages? I have seen posts of throttle wires been added to eliminate the finger throttle but I'm sure if have the same issue.
If I squeeze the battery positive between my finger and thumb on one hand and the battery negative between my fingers on the other hand the wheel spins haha it's weird like I'm the controller

Back