Trying to ID an ebike motor and its controller

10 mW
I am trying to identify a motor and its controller in the ph... how do I upload a photo... so, no photo, sorry.

The 26 inch wheel hub motor is 36VDC, 350W, geared. The characters on the case (searched, failed) are: M155 CS3612(dot) 1LH ADH094351

The controller is 36VDC and has a Pedal Assist (PAS) input. The characters on the case are: 36JK6-1AT1809F684

I would like to find the manufacturers or their wiring/pinning to understand how the two are communicating.

Thank you.

How about Dapu?

M155CH.jpg

M155-Rear-Motor-for-Normal-Free-Wheel.jpg

Below the text box you would see a tab that says 'Attachments.' When you click on that you see the button for 'Add files.' That will open a file upload window. When you have your pic you get to chose to 'Place inline' and see in the post as you see mine, or just have a link to download.

PostPic.jpg

Although there may be a hint of of a known model or perhaps a speed rating in these long line of characters, more often they have no meaning (at least to those of us in the West). Especially clones, of which your motor surely is (or perhaps a clone of a clone).
It is a "geared" motor.
Not sure what you mean by your desire "to understand how the two are communicating", but your motor is dumb as an anvil.
Of a little more interest would be the controller, of which there are basicly two types, "square wave and sine wave".
Either wave, I mean way, the nature that electric motors operate are not a function of "models", or even types. Begin your studying w/ the basics, Ohm's Law, Induction etc. and when you have a handle on the basics, you can graduate to the motor sim @ Ebike CA to see how different motor systems behave in real world situations

Oh yeah, distinctively Dapu. I go along with the dumb as a doorknob theory.

Electric bike review has a thread, don't know if it will do you any good.

I say do the Tim Allen thing and go looking for more power.

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/bh-dapu-m155-freehub-parts-and-maintenance.2293/

The three thickest wires into the motor, and out of the controller, are for powering the motor stator phases. They're usually blue, yellow, and green. There are usually five small wires in addition to these: +5V for the Hall sensors, GND, and the three signal wires for the phase Hall sensor signals. The latter are customarily also blue, yellow, and green. If there's one other wire (often white) and it connects all the way to the inside of the controller, it's usually a thermal sensor.

Three thick wires and five or six thin wires. That's probably all the power and signal wires between your controller and motor. If there are more than that, beware. Those others are likely to be proprietary secret-handshake nonsense that keeps your equipment from working with generic replacement parts. But there's also the possibility that extra wires are vestigial to the connector, and not used for any purpose inside the motor and controller.

Hi Balmorea, thank you. Your answer is about what I was asking. I have worked with a known, supported controller before, and could use their documentation, but this one is unknown to me. BLU/GRN/YEL, blu/grn/yel, and there is blk (GND), red (+vdc), wht (hall rtn?), and others that I ask for help investigating. I know the controller has PAS (pedal assist) and have identified that bundle from the controller... did I mention this is a 36vdc system? That is the only info I could get off the controller part number. That controller I worked with before had a serial port. Is that possible on this generic controller? Thanks again.

Hey! I found the motor manufacturer. American Electric. Still searching for controller manuf/specs.
The full bicycle is Genze E222B (or 222B?).

Starting new topic: Genze E222B

Back