TSDZ2 loss of power - Casinho firmware 0.18

pumasong

100 µW
Hi all

Hoping that I can get some opinion from other users of the TSDZ2 with the Casinho firmware, I've been running this for over a year with no problems, but yesterday something odd happened. I was riding for some time and then stopped for a rest, after restarting I noticed that I was getting intermittent pedal assist, but cruise was working OK so I finished my ride that way. I assumed that the issue was down to the battery being nearly flat (12S LiPo down to about 44V) but having checked the settings I was nowhere near my lower voltage limit so that definitely wasn't the case.

I recharged today and tested but I'm getting the same problem with a full charge. I had a look on the wiki and found this:

https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/FAQ#pas-sensor-fail

Which describes the issue exactly. I've done a check of the cadence and torque values as read on the display and they seem to fluctuate weirdly, and I get assist when the numbers are sensible.

What I'm trying to work out is whether this indicates a fault with the PAS sensor, or the torque sensor. The values for BOTH torque AND cadence seem to fluctuate the same, which is confusing as I would have thought a fault with one or the other would have caused one or the other values to be affected.

In any event I'm hoping that someone with more experience of this than me can put me on the right track. Thanks in advance!

That's a very insightful point. Guess I need to reseat all the cables and see where that leaves me.

Thanks, I'll update the thread when I find the cause for the benefit of anyone else that has the same issue.

Back