TSDZ2 Power Assist does not work but throttle does

skippy1961

1 µW
My wifes bike motor was making some terrible noises so I have taken it apart on the left hand side of the motor and given it a very good clean out. It had some water ingress(assume this was causing the motor to make the noise), and this had left a rusty coloured deposit in parts of the electronics etc. As I said I have cleaned all this out and reassembled the motor, but when testing it the throttle works but the power assist doesn't. Can anyone explain what could be wrong and how I can fix it. Not very technically savvy so explanations in basic language please. Thanks in advance.

check all your connections again, check the speed sensor magnet. Ensure you reconnected the torque sensor properly to the board - thin black/red wires that come from the guts of the motor (bb spindle) and connect to the controller with a white two pin male/female connector on short red/black wires. Make sure the controller board aluminium shell is fully seated and screwed in properly so the pas sensor (black round lump on the end of the controller) is in the right place. Check you haven't pinched any wires when you closed the case.

Back