TSDZ2B sprag clutch (big gear) internal components

chonkerman

1 µW
Hello everybody, recently i built a bike with the tsdz2b but after something like 5000km the sprag clutch is slipping or not holding the torque applied to the pedal, obviously it's time to change it but wait a second, with the old tsdz2 we had the possibility to change only the sprag clutch for cheap and it lasted something like 10k or even 15k (based on my typical use case).
It wasnt really a problem for my pocket but now, the sprag clutch is not replaceable, i have to replace the entire big-gear for something around 70 / 80 euro (in europe), since i use the bike everyday for commuting and recreational purpose i figured out that i will have to spend like an entire new kit every year !!

Since i really like the repairability of the tsdz2/tsdz2b i was wondering before trying if anybody have ever attempted or successfully changed the internal mechanism of the clutch (just cannibalizing the retaining cage, the springs and the sprags from a new one of the same brand spending just 15 or 20 instead of 80 ).

This idea did born with this consideration : the sprags, by design, should worn faster than the inner races but im also dubtious about this that's why im asking you guys

(the outer sprag clutch instead is like new, very sturdy and reliable, like new when i inspected it)

Back