TTSDZ2B chain line and chainrings

raylo32

100 kW
Got a new TSDZ2, this the B version and the chain line seems just a little worse than the old version on my Cannondale F1000 hardtail w/68mm BB. First, it works OK with the stock TSDZ2B 42t ring. The chain angle is bad on the lowest gears but it stays on... and you don't really need those 2 gears anyway. I also have a SolidBike 10mm offset 42t ring that is only ~2mm better chain line than the stock TSDZ2B offset 42t ring. But even so, the SB ring will not hold those 2 lower gears at all.. the chain just comes off the chain ring. Must be something in the tooth profile.

I could just keep riding with the stock 42t and it works fine but I am wanting to go to a 50 or 52t and don't see any reasonable solutions. Eco sells a SolidBike 50t 10mm offset version but if the SB 42 doesn't hold the gears the 50t version won't either so I don't want to waste my $ on that.

So, are the rest of you seeing a slightly worse chain line with this B version? Any fixes?

Edit: I just looked at the specs and the drawing shows 50.2mm chainline... but mine measures out to be 61mm. No I do have 3mm of spacers to keep the motor housing from contacting the chainstay, but that would make the chainline 58mm at best. The drawing is labeled TSDZ2B but maybe this is still for the original version?

Last edited:
My bad... when I put the SolidBike ring on I put it on top of the spider instead of under. Now mounted properly my chainline is 53mm which agrees with the specs and the 3mm of spacers I have on the motor. Good to go.

Back