twist throttle magnets and springs

I'm looking for the long, thin, rounded (arc?) magnets of a twist throttle. I don't even know what to call them so it's not surprising I haven't found them. Any pointers?

I'd also like to find existing torsion springs of the right size.

Thank you.

--kyler377147268_186913584420632_4377109425597251409_n.jpg

Last edited:
I found another throttle type that uses two standard button magnets. That looks like an easier approach than finding the elusive curved magnets.

Note that the magnets have to be in just the right place, with the right polarity and orientation, and just the right strength, for the hall sensor in a throttle to detect the fields correctly as they're moved around the sensor.

If they aren't, then you don't get the correct output voltage range, and it may not go all the way to zero throttle, or all the way to full output.

So you can't easily use individual magnets to repair a throttle with if it wasn't designed for those, and especially if they are not the *same* magnets it originally used. (I've tried this even with the magnets that accidentally came out of a throttle, and just getting them reinstalled the correct way was very difficult and time consuming--it would be harder with non-original ones).

That's one reason they used the curved magnet--it's already magnetized along it's length with just the right properties, so it just gets molded or glued into the throttle plastics and done. No fiddling at the factory, other than making sure it's installed the correct polarity (they probably have a marking on them for this)

Back