Unit pack power banned in the UK - Louis Rossman

neptronix

Administrator
Staff member

Ref:
OPSS takes enforcement action over dangerous e-bike battery

The Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) is taking enforcement action and warning consumers about a brand of e-bike battery – UPP – that has been linked to a number of fires across England. Four online marketplaces have been issued with Withdrawal Notices which require them, in their roles as distributors of the product, to stop supplying the UPP battery. OPSS has also issued a Withdrawal Notice to 20 sellers directly and has also issued a Withdrawal Notice to the China-based manufacturer.

Rossmans build was shite. He made bad choices. And then added UPP to the mix.

1706289715784.png

Rossmans build was shite.

It's true; he was much more responsible for his spectacular failure than UPP was. Also his expectations of minimum-bidder Chinese batteries weren't reasonable.

Rossmans build was shite. He made bad choices. And then added UPP to the mix.
It's true; he was much more responsible for his spectacular failure than UPP was. Also his expectations of minimum-bidder Chinese batteries weren't reasonable.
Clearly you guys just aren't "ebike connoisseurs" like he is (his words, 0:03 seconds into the vid).

Hey, I do not run an electronics company, fixing lots and lots of electronics etc etc...

But I also never had the urge to hot snot my ground bus to the point it was never to be seen again.

Obviously low brow poor thinking on my part.

If you build it all yourself, and you get into a situation where the magic smoke takes off bringing along it's friends FIRESTORM and service alert... assuming it was *all* the batteries fault may not be really all that honest.

Back