Updated battery info 33g & questions

torker

100 kW
Hey guys/gals. Been awhile so I am out of the loop on good batteries for ebike. I want a packaged batt - Maybe one that is removable. I am running a 9 continent on the old FSR . I am going to un-modify :) the shunt for 20-25 amps and thinking going 36 volt. I am getting this to take camping. We never hook up so running water is usually a couple miles away. I want something with a bms so I don't have to worry if someone runs the battery low.

Going to vendors to see what is new . Would like to stay near 500 dollars if possible. Any ideas or reviews would be great.

Is Cellman still a prefered seller. Also I looked up this with Samsung cells. Any comments?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-sale-50pcs-lot-2450mah-gold-battery-for/152900825.html#s1-7-1b;srp|2635788710

Well, I pulled the trigger on EM3EV battery. Got 36v 12.5 ah .

Awesome, good to hear. My first plugnplay battery. I wanted something I could take camping all weekend. And if someone rode it when it is low it would shut itself off before nuking cells.

Update they are building this bottle battery with 33G cells. They seem very new. Any one with info on these? Good or bad?

Still trying to dig up internal resistance specs for the 33G I noticed the type is inr Not sure what that is..

Little update.. cells are 45 milliamps That seems pretty low :D Looks like Paul is the tech guy. Is that Cellman?

Also 1.5 c discharge recommended. Should be 25 amps continuous? . For 40 dollars the 18.5 ah would have good. oh well 15.5 will do. Also The charger with 80-90-100 % switch would add cycles also? Maybe next time.

My front wheel should be done this wk also.. Getting excited.. 8)

I ordered some 33G packs from him. 2 small triangle 50.4V 18.6Ah ones. He's been great in the past and they are responsive to emails.

One pack is already on its way.

I am also trying to get away from the always-be-careful lipos.

999zip999 said:
33G cell. What that ?

It is a newer cell. Samsung 3300 Mah Mine also shipped !

Yeah.. My battery is in KC .. Should be here tomorrow..

Battery showed up yesterday. It was packed really well. Got it on the charger topping it off. Showed up at 37 volts..
Also they sent the capacity test. It shows a lot of IR 150 milliohms. Read that wrong 74 milliohms. If I am reading it right. Also the voltages seem all over the place for a 36 v battery ?
Got some work to do on the bike before I can try it out.. My tube is ripped right next to the valve stem. It is a 2.3 in. tire on the original Ebike-kit rim. Pretty narrow. I hope that is not going to be an issue. Not sure if the narrow rim is the prob. Also not sure what pressure to run . It is a K-Rad 30 to 80 psi tire..

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2,100
Strange, some of the specs on the sheet look like they're for a 50v pack pack not a 36v one, for example the charge at 58.8v. I think I'd focus on the measured column. The other columns just seem to be related to the testing procedure.

I'm not sure if the impedance of 74 milliohms is good or bad though.

That was what I thought . Showing 58 v and 27 v for minimum. I will email EM3EV

I charged and left the charger on after to balance. Mine maxed at 41.5 Happy with that. I wonder if I can adjust the charger to stop at 41 volts? Love having a power switch. I need a 48-52 volt version for my FSR. This went on my Rincon. I may order the 80-90-100 percent charger when I get the other one.

RyanT what bike is your battery going on?

It's for my girlfriends road bike/commuter. I can't believe the small triangle pack actually fit in her step through. She was getting her 24 mile commute done on 5 year old 12s 10ah Lipo so I imagine this new pack will get her almost 60 miles!

IMG_0698.JPG

Rode my bike with the new battery about 15 times and still shows full.. In my little town that is only about 10 mi. My 48v shipped so I will have the FSR going too. Now now my wife and me can both go. 8)

I will update then. RyanT how is yours doing?

Back