Using 3 LIGO batteries to power a 24 volt converter

zacksc

100 W
I have 3 LIGO batteries from Grin that I haven't been using very much recently. In series, as you all know, they make a nominal 110 volt dc source. I would like to ask if I can use that as the power source for a 24 volt converter which normally plugs into a 110 AC wall outlet? I already have an Anderson to 110 volt adapter, so it would be pretty easy. But I am not sure if it will damage my converter. Usually the converter input is 100 to 240 VAC (55 HZ), and it outputs 24 V DC. (It is used to charge a Jackery 1000.) I enclose a picture of the converter here. Does this seem safe? Will it damage the converter?

Attachments

• Jack1000-Converter.jpg
    Jack1000-Converter.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 141
If it uses a transformer to step down the voltage it won't work with a DC input, although it probably won't damage it. You could just get a 36V DC to 24V DC buck converter to connect the LIGOs directly to the Jackary 1000 and charge it that way. Connect the LIGOs in parallel and not series. The LIGOs are kind of expensive though. I am not sure I would waste charge cycles on them just to bump charge another battery. The LIGOs have a hibernation mode so you can safely store them for months without charging them.

Back