Vantage Truckall

Mikebike

100 W
Thinking of buying this crew cab electric minitruck.
It is a 72volt battery system and rear wheel axle/electric motor setup.
Have several e-bikes and I am familiar with all the basics these systems.
This vehicle would be for maintaining my property. I have made mountain bike trails throughout for my ebikes-which I thoroughly enjoy.

I need a vehicle that can carry me and a few people with chain saw, brush cutter, leaf blower, etc. etc to maintain these trails, ,move firewood, plant small stuff, whatever. Nothing steep and 4 wheel drive not needed. Basically a 4 person side by side.
So anyone have any experience with these?
SPECS:
72volts nominal.
Curtis controller.
On Board charger.
12-6volt-200 amp hour golf cart batteries in a tray.
35hp peak 10 hp continous electric motor.
25 miles per hour max
Approx 20 mile range. I only need 10 miles max to do what I need to do every day.?
What do you all think?
20221009_130842.jpg
20221009_124330.jpg

Is the range it normally has on flat roads, or is it in the same terrain you need it for?

If it is for flat roads, you can expect lower (possibly much lower) range in your terrain, depending on the power demands.

This part may not be an issue since you don't have any steep slopes, but does it have a gear-shiftable transmission? If not, then if it is geared to run at it's higher power levels while at the full speed, the motor and/or controller could overheat when used to crawl up steeper slopes if you ever have any. You'd probably want to test it out while monitoring that to be sure, if you have to do much of that.

Also...lead acid batteries can age pretty quickly, especially if not kept as close to full as possible as much as possible. You might need to replace the pack more often than you'd like, depending on usage.

(replacing the pack with something lighter would help with the hill climbing, and pack longevity, but it would also require cells that can handle the load).

Check those batteries before committing to buy.
Replacing a bad/old/used up pack of 12 , 200ah deep cycle batteries is an expensive possibility.
And dont be fooled by a simple volt check or a test run off a full charge !

Don't have any steep slopes. Pretty flat here so I think the application will be OK.
Going to do an extensive test drive and see how long the battery goes before dropping off.

When the batteries die in the future I think lifepo4 may be a good idea ?

Back