Very nice! I have a question for you guys on my no frills 2wd fat build.

nutnspecial

10 MW
Very nice!
I have a question for you guys on my no frills 2wd fat build. I'm not using a ca and just want one throttle.

Is there a type of spst or dpdt (or maybe rotary) switch I could use to easily select which controller gets ignition voltage? It wouldn't have to be big since there's no current, but the configuration of (( rear on/ both on /front on )) might not exist practically in one switch?

Otherwise I'd just use separate on/off buttons for each controller. And a third button to limit front motor speed for some 2wd applications.

E--------d--------i------------ttttttttt
Yah they probably don't make a switch like that. Woulda been quicker, but there was alot 'real estate' wasted in the thumb throttle anyways. And the led's didn't correspond to the battery properly.
t.jpg

Each motor controller has on/off with micro swich on the side, and red button has been repurposed for front speed limit switch. Also, picked up a MINI voltmeter and hacked that into it with some random plastics as the lenses.
t32.jpg
t1.jpg

Any thoughts on how to connect the brake lever microswitches to the controllers if i don't use a cycle analist?, i was thinking to connect each lever to a different controller but if its possible to connect them both to both controllers i think it would work beter...

Depends on what you want to do.

If you ahve DD motors and regen capable controllers, then you can have independent braking of each wheel if you connect each brake lever's switch with it's respective wheel's controller. That was useful for my CrazyBike2.

On the SB Cruiser trike the two rear wheels are powered, so I wired both in parallel as it's easier to brake when both wheels brake at the same time every time. (throttles are still independent for "power steering"). I've considered testing it out with separate brake switches, but haven't yet.

If theyr'e not DD or regen capable, it doesn't matter, and you could just hook them up together to both controlllers in parallel.

Back