Votol EM-100 Serial Connection Error

brcat

1 µW
Hi,
I am having some issue getting my EM-100 to communicate with my computer. I need to make some changes, but when I attempt to connect to the software, I get an error. About 6 months ago I was able to connect without issue. From what I have found, it seems that this is due to a Windows update. I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue and knows a fix. (I have reinstalled drivers, to no avail).
Thanks in advance

Have you tried rolling back the update that caused it?

If that doesn't fix it, you could see if the manufacturer of the chipset in your connection device has a new driver version for the new updated windows version. (if not you can report the problem to them in as complete a detail as possible so they can perhaps fix the problem and publish a new driver).

If none of that works or is possible, you might need a new connection device that is compatible with your updated windows version.

Alternately, the problem could be in the Votol software on the computer, and you might need a different (newer or older) version of that to be compatible with your updated windows version.

Thank you. Unfortunately I don't think I can roll back the update since it has been quite a while. I will try some of the other softwares and see what happens. I will post an update if I can get it working.

Back