WARNING: Amazon censors reviews, like Big Brother

Found out recently that Amazon has been doing this for years.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrTceFzBBpWl9sAo3YnnIlQ;_ylc=X1MDMTM1MTE5NTY4NwRfcgMyBGZyA3locy1tb3ppbGxhLTAwMQRncHJpZANTcGk0TVg5MVRFS2dOWW5jUGtxelpBBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3VnZwMwBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzMxBHF1ZXJ5A2FtYXpvbiBjZW5zb3JzIG5lZ2F0aXZlIHJldmlld3MEdF9zdG1wAzE0NDQ1NDU2NTk-?p=amazon+censors+negative+reviews&fr2=sb-top-search&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

So, those Amazon reviews are somewhat 'rubbish' now.

Time for the China online vendors, even cheaper, eh?

Is THAT what I was losing sleep about? I thought it was the heat/humidity and being so sore.

Why would anyone think there would never be a need to edit the reviews? That there wouldn't be spin doctors interjecting themselves? That the average person is guaranteed to write a worthwhile review?

This is like a newscast where the reporter says "This just in: Politicians are self serving."

4LivesPerGallon said:
Found out recently that Amazon has been doing this for years.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrTceFzBBpWl9sAo3YnnIlQ;_ylc=X1MDMTM1MTE5NTY4NwRfcgMyBGZyA3locy1tb3ppbGxhLTAwMQRncHJpZANTcGk0TVg5MVRFS2dOWW5jUGtxelpBBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3VnZwMwBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzMxBHF1ZXJ5A2FtYXpvbiBjZW5zb3JzIG5lZ2F0aXZlIHJldmlld3MEdF9zdG1wAzE0NDQ1NDU2NTk-?p=amazon+censors+negative+reviews&fr2=sb-top-search&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001
So, those Amazon reviews are somewhat 'rubbish' now.
Time for the China online vendors, even cheaper, eh?
The link you gave leads to a search result of someone objecting to Amazon's removal of particular review criticizing a pro-Scientology book. Scientology is bunk, but I'd like to see the review before I form an opinion about the removal.
More important to me is the proliferation of fake positive reviews for products. Often they are so amateurish, you can see right through them. In a sea of accolades, they will usually include one negative comment that will actually be positive. It will be something like, "I did find fault in the screen being too clear for my eyes. I don't see that well, and something that clear mocks my vision impairment."

Back