went to school today...

def215

10 kW
and today during my transfer orientation at school today, i finally declared a major, which is electrical engineering. so for the next few years, ill be hitting the books pretty hard. :mrgreen: i thought i share this with you guys on ES since you guys were sort of one of my influences on why i chose this major :)

any other EE's or EE students here that can give me a heads up to what ill be seeing in the upcoming semesters of school, besides all of the math and sciences.

hopefully in the upcoming future, i can contribute to this site more. :twisted:

good choice,there will be work for you as a EE. :) and if there is not you can do something yourself.

Congrats! I've been working as an EE for ~15years now. Mostly microelectronics - these motor thingies are more of a hobby.

Your first year should be more of a general education, applicable to just about any engineering field. The narrowly focused classes don't really start until the third year.

If there's one piece of advice I can give, it would be this: don't blow off the thermodynamics classes like I did. As an engineering student, I had no clue how much of my future time I'd spend trying to move heat out of a box. :shock:

busted_bike said:
Congrats! I've been working as an EE for ~15years now. Mostly microelectronics - these motor thingies are more of a hobby.

Your first year should be more of a general education, applicable to just about any engineering field. The narrowly focused classes don't really start until the third year.

If there's one piece of advice I can give, it would be this: don't blow off the thermodynamics classes like I did. As an engineering student, I had no clue how much of my future time I'd spend trying to move heat out of a box. :shock:

thanks busted_bike!

im more interested in the electronics than anything else. id love to know how exactly everything works on a pcb board. :D

ill take any advice i can get! thermodynamics do sound important so ill make sure ill pay attention in that class. :)

As you pick up new knowledge, please share it when you see a post that doesn't quite make sense. While experienced EE have forgotten more then you'll ever know :lol: They'll have forgotten basic knowledge that is new to you and you can remind them of the knowledge they have lost :mrgreen:

Back