What are all my current Skateboard Hub Motor options?

MrDude_1

100 kW
Can someone explain to me all the current skateboard hub motor sellers? I have tried reading through alot of stuff, but there is a bit of drama and R&D in each thread.. to the point where I dont know whats available now, a year later.. I seem to hear Carvon, Jacobs hub motors and Hummie hubs mentioned alot. Are these the only 3 options?

I already have an idea of what I am looking for.. a large (70mm or larger) wheel with low Kv dual motor set that I can put on my existing trucks (mods ok)..

Where should I start looking for something like that?

Soo no one is making hub motors anymore?

rmrf said:
CarvON
Hummie Hubs

I emailed carvon through their website and got no response.
I also emailed and PMed Jacob... no response.

I looked at Hummie Hubs, but from what I gathered, you epoxy the stator to the trucks? and that hes still working on getting wheels everyone likes... maybe its moved beyond that.. I donno. everyone stopped sharing info on them.
They clearly work... but i discounted him because I wanted to run my 50/54* trucks... If I cant find anything else I guess I'll message him. I do like the single fat wire stator winding.
I tried looking through his site here: http://tppsf.com/steel-hubs/#store but im confused by why one says 265 dollars and the other is 400... whats the diff? whats the KV of these anyway? what tires will I get? etc. Its hard sorting out the info.

Why not go ahead and ask Hummina directly? Plus his motors are dope! Carvon is LEVer motors, ask him too! Sometimes his mailbox plays jokes on him. Try through the forum!

those prices are not real and I sold all of those little motors already anyway for a lot cheaper.

I should have other motors in about 2 weeks that are much longer, so instead of the kegel shape at 80x56, which I sold before, it'll be 80x101. 300$ for one mounted and a pair of paris trucks and an extra tire is what I sold the first batch that are still coming for but soon hopefully will get the kegel wheels wholesale and add those too and up the price as much as I get them for.

I'll be mounting them further along the axle by cutting the hanger down on a lathe and further threading the axle. they'll stick out a bit to the inside and outside almost equidistant.

power of the single should equate to about 150% of the power of the two little motors. was 4725 stators and now 4770 and bigger bearings and better steel. all steel. NSK sealed bearings. 12 gauge copper silicone leads. wires facing up. Nitrile and hot pour urethane tires.

Back