What companies make the best / fastest electric mountain bikes?

Offroader

1 MW
Someone asked me to find out what is a good and fast electric mountain bike. Maybe something with both pedals and a throttle. This would be for someone who is older but probably still wants to be able to do 30 MPH.

Its really hard to find this out as there are so many companies. I personally ride electric dirt bikes like the sur-ron so I'm not so sure what exists in the mountain bike area.

What would you recommend to someone if they asked you to recommend a very good electric bike.

Thanks

fwiw, a lot of companies are tying their product into the speed ebike category, which is supposed to reach 27 mph.

30 mph on up is not hard, just tends to be in the DIY kit category.

Stromer (if he has $5K) has 28 mph bikes, but they'll achieve 30 pretty easily or DIY with a 1000w, 52V system if he wants the best power/$ system.

Stromer has full suspension mtn ebike with throttle?? surely hard tail wouldn't be the "best" for off-road?? and through the bicycle chain motor power not likely the fastest (or most power capable).. at least not without high maintenance to match.. if you want a throttle, pedals, torque assist and high power.. then left hand drive tops the list imo.. not going to find that in (m)any mainstream production mtn bikes.. (bc there media and fan base (cyclist) would pitch a fit lol)..

Companies are restricted by laws and insurance liability factors.
Luna does makes some nice ebikes, Cyclone has some nice mid drive kits.

Agreed on the legal restrictions making most commercial bikes 28MPH - and many of them are more like 23-24 actual MPH. The NCM Moscow and Moscow plus are inexpensive mountain bike versions of my overpriced Magnum Metro street bike. (Actual top speed about 23MPH unless you have superhuman legs.)They are also hard-tails, but for someone looking to spend no more than $1500 they may be worth considering as a budget alternative to $5k hard-tails.

Back