What kind of safety measures do you take when building battery at home?

By the way, what is the most dangerous part of the battery build? Is it when I connect the BMS and it starts to equalize the cells?
No, it's when a builder begins who hasn't learnt enough. You're trying hard but you're repeating your questions several times and you're not absorbing answers. We enjoy pushing boundaries and we all wish for you to succeed but unfortunately someone has to say this very clearly :( Battery fires aren't ordinary and you evidently haven't the background knowledge to guide and protect you. If you recognise you're "often unlucky" it's better to find someone with experience to build this for you.

No, it's when a builder begins who hasn't learnt enough. You're trying hard but you're repeating your questions several times and you're not absorbing answers.
Can you tell me something I have not absorbed that you have told me please? Since you are the one making these claims.

I don't intend to start before I have learnt enough. That is why I am asking questions.. Let me know which questions I have repeated where someone gave me the full well written answer already. I have gotten some good answers here from people. Definitely, but not to all of my questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell me something I have not absorbed that you have told me please?
You've not absorbed #3.
Let me know which questions I have repeated where someone gave me the full well written answer already.
I've listed one below and there are others.

OP: I get a bit confused when everything is diagonal

Me, I enjoy watching cycling, but even in a senior race I'd put myself and others at risk. We all have limitations, I can see it can be risky and that I don't have the aptitude. You've wisely recognised that some things are confusing and you can be unlucky: while someone else does your battery you can be building a great bike.
===0===

#1 OP: Where do you put the battery when you are building it? Maybe an oven tray or something like that? So if a fire starts it is easy to carry it outside

#4 Build outside... I have a portable table I put outside the garage in the driveway.

#7 OP: perhaps a glass oven tray if I make it inside?

#8 if you screw up and things start getting hot at that point you might not have time to put [gloves] on.

#10 as soon as you stop pouring water it reflashes but eventually the fire goes out. The fire is like a blow torch in intensity.

#11 Even if you had... a respirator to protect yourself from the fumes... I just wouldn't build a pack in those circumstances

#15 OP: It is not far to go outside... maybe do it outside

#18 me: count the posts above that mention mishaps and check you're happy to "just lift it outside" (meant rhetorically)

#20 OP: What about sitting close to the outer door?

(... 16 posts later ...)

#36 OP: But you don't recommend garage then?... where else could I build it?

Last edited:
at EU time 15:31 people should be workin or doin anything else, instead of checking tha forum! at this time is duty time! so everyone worldwide should be doin useful stuff!

OP: I get a bit confused when everything is diagonal
Yes, it is confusing. Because the image they supported, along with the pack, made it look like they were supposed to be wired in another way.

So even if nobody answered this particular question I managed to figure it out on my own . But yes it was confusing because the diagonal sheet that came along with the pack made me think differently about the design. So I repeated the question since it was not answered. Then I figured it out myself.

Now, I think I have gotten lots of good answers from amongst others Inanek and Amberwolf. And those questions I never needed to repeat.

You seem to think it is a bad idea to create a thread about safety measures as a beginner. I think it is a good idea. What I also think is a good idea is to rephrase those questions if I am unsure about some things.

Back