What type of connector is this (Gazelle Innergy Charger)

Vixsiuol

10 µW
I have a charger for Gazelle Innergy with a damaged connector. I had already seen quite a few gazelle chargers with broken connectors, but most of the time it's just the plastic that cracks and with some glue or tape you can manage to 'repair' them. But this time somehow one of the two pins that are actually in use, has disappeared. So I was wondering whether anyone nows a type number for this connector or where I can find a replacement.
I 'm starting to fear though that it's a proprietary connector ... connector busted? Buy a new charger!
stekker gazelle.jpg

If the pin "disappeared" it probably pushed back into the housing, or broke off and is stuck in the plug it mates to.

If you have connector problems and can't find replacements, I'd recommend replacing with a different type of connector on both charger and battery. If your battery-side plug looks like this
1699908449347.png

you can probably fit an XLR in there.

I'd change your charger connector to this
1699908756955.png
and replace your battery's connector with this
1699908795672.png

BTW, it looks a lot like an XLR plug already, and it's quite possible that you could use one to replace the charger connector, like this:
1699908706110.png

XLR was my first thought too. But the contacts are of similar thinkess as 4-pin XLR and positioned like 3-pin - the metal housing is too wide too.
Replacing the connector inside the battery will be difficult because gazelle thought it fun to fill the battery with an epoxy resin or something alike.
Hopefully I'll find a malfunctioning charger somewhere and desolder it's connector, that would probably the easiest solution

It's likely that they used a silicone rather than epoxy. If it feels softish and can be torn with a fingernail (may take some effort) then you can slowly and carefully pick the silicone in chunks off the itnernals around the connector and it's wires, so you can disconnect them from the original connector and reconnect to a new one.

Just in case you're forced into that option. ;)

Back