What's my bike worth

lostrack

100 W
I'm considering selling/splitting my eBike -what do you reckon it's worth?

Giant DH Comp, Fox 40s, Astro 3220 with Matt's DaVinci drive, HV160, Cycle Analyst, .75KWH barely used Turnigy Lipo - are the basics.

I probably spent over £4K on parts, experiments, and the lot, but I know it's not worth that anymore.

The bike on its own will go for £800-1k.

Weighing up if it's worth saving it, or selling it!

Cheers

Sady, getting half what you put into it back would be doing good. Just how it is, your buyer won't be as stoked as you were, or care what you paid for each part.

List it for more than that of course. Rule of thumb for buying used is never more than half the cost of new. But you might find a guy who doesn't know that.

Best bet might be selling the bike localy seperate from the motor stuff.

It is worth what a buyer is willing to pay, not a penny more.
I'm lucky so far, clearing spares is making profit most of the time.
It is mostly about how people that you meet on your bike, want one too

Part it out if you can't find your price

Both of the above posts match my experience. When I first looked, I saw most 2nd hand Aus legal bikes sell for $300-500, when they were around $1200 new. so I'd say something in good 2nd hand condition is worth 1/3rd to 1/2 new price.

On the other hand, there was one in Brisbane - the only one in Brisbane for a long time, go for $800, despite the fact it had no battery, and the owner said they didn't know if it was working... It was worth what those people were willing to pay for it, because otherwise they would have had to ship one from Sydney or Melbourne.

I'd probably set a minimum bid on it at 1/3rd of the parts on there (can't charge for the "experiments") and whatever you get above that is good marketing/workmanship/luck/demand.

Sadly, almost no one will buy a "project" unless they know the builder and know first hand what it is. Your bike is a unique creation with first rate parts to be sure, but few people outside this microcosmic Ebike forum will know what it is.

Sadly, you're only real choices may be selling it in parts on Ebay, or sitting on it untill one of us here decides we want to build a bike exactly like that.

Most people will have no clue what it is, and it will have no value to them

Back