Wheelbarrow motors

chris667

1 µW
Hello everyone. First post here, so I'd best introduce myself. I'm chris667 - you might have read things by me on the Pedelecs forum.

My only personal transport is a home-converted MTB with a Shengyi DWG22C hub. Gets me up any hill I care about, even here in the peak district. Well, some ordinary bikes too when I feel I need some more moral fibre!

I live up an incredibly steep path and there is no vehicular access. I am interested in a powered wheelbarrow, utilising the 48v motor I have on my existing bike. I can't ride both at the same time!

I see quite a few e-motor wheelbarrow conversion kits. Has anyone built one yet? I asked on the Pedelecs forum but no-one has any experience.

I don't want to post links in case I flag up some sort of spam detection thing and get banned from the forum, but I am interested in the Bafang 48v wheelbarrow motor and another kit made by a company called Annoybike. Both on Aliexpress.

Any insights?

Many thanks folks.

The import duties from Canada are a bit spicy for me unfortunately, and it's largely immaterial as they have been out of stock for ages!

I am on the case though - I am thinking of using a mobility scooter motor. AGM batteries are quite a cost saving, and the weight difference isn't such a big deal in this application.

Many thanks folks.

The import duties from Canada are a bit spicy for me unfortunately, and it's largely immaterial as they have been out of stock for ages!

I am on the case though - I am thinking of using a mobility scooter motor. AGM batteries are quite a cost saving, and the weight difference isn't such a big deal in this application.
That's a better plan frankly; those mobility scooter motors are geared down for torque and run on lower voltages, which is all less weight.

Might be better to use gear sprockets to get the gearing you want, and makes it easier to dial it in but much harder for motor placement and drive train, chain route, weight balance etc.

Back