Where do you hang out in person?

interesting video about the 3rd place you spend your time, not your house or work, some place like on that old tv show Cheers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdQ381K5xg&ab_channel=NotJustBikes
i've started hanging out in my garden. there is a delivery lane behind it, and all the neighbors walk their dogs there. so it is easy to talk to a neighbor. Few have any success growing anything, when they see my tomatoes and broccoli, they are eager to chat :bigthumb:

Bike path is good! Everybody seems friendly now that i say "good morning" when passing. Was saying "coming by on your left" and that seemed to startle people. Quite a few dog walkers that can block the path if they are not paying attention, need to get out of the way. Good morning is very effective compared to: Get the F out of the way :evil: :lol:

Humans no longer communicate by talking. They only look at their phones and type. Humans can not hear because of white things they stick in their ears. These white ear things are connected wirelessly to the phones so the only sound humans hear is the phone. Humans can not see anything besides their phones. NEVER LOOK UP.

Because parents spend all day playing with their phones, babies are not learning language or how to speak. Future generations of humans will not talk, read, or write. In the future, humans will grunt like monkeys.

ZeroEm said:
Can not stand or walk very far so it really my only option. Not that i'm complaining. could sleep on my trike.
With my new diet my muscles are responding once again to exercise :bigthumb: Started walking to the beach, only 18 minutes, but was unable past 15-20 years, so it is a real treat.
Yesterday i joked with a guy in shorts, it was 55F. he said he ran out to see the rocket launch :kff:
i looked up and there it was 8) around 7:18 had sunrise and a rocket. good show :bolt: Would of missed it without a random chat with a stranger.
So #2 hang out has to be walking to the beach. :bigthumb:

slaphappygamer said:
My garage. It’s detached from the house, so technically….

If I’m not at work, I’ll be at home.
my garage is detached too :thumb: it is a change of scenery but, according to the video since i don't meet random strangers and old friends there, it is not a "hang out".
in college, there were several places, the dorm, library, cafeteria, benches. too bad i was kind of shy back then. was best opportunity to make new friends.

marty
true, many stare at their cell as they walk around.
OTOH, idle chat with strangers often just passes the time. In the old days neighbors were the source for valuable information, like when a pipe leaked i asked around for a good plumber. can still ask, but can also get numerous suggestions online, even a video on how to fix it myself :thumb:
i just learned how to use an allen wrench to unjam my 34 yr old garbage disposal. didn't work, but now i know for sure it is shot.
here is another good one :bigthumb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPUlgSRn6e0&ab_channel=NotJustBikes

you use the allen wrench on the garbage disposal then push the little red circuit breaker button. it has its own breaker for when it jams.
i hang out at the marina, the main boat house/work shop is where all the excitement is and theres always someone upto something

Beach, golf course, church on Sundays.

:D :bolt:

Back