Whereswally606's 12v server supply (UK)

Xanda2260

100 W
So, I was getting fed up with my lipo taking a millenium to charge (only 660wh, so 500usable ish). My lipo charger was good for 200w but my pathetic little pc power supply was struggling to even hit 100w.
When I saw these power supplies for sale in the Uk I pm'd Andy to try to buy one.
Mega props to the guy, he got back to me within an hour. Said he wouldnt be able to get one to me for a while as he was at uni some 300miles from his tools! This was fine as I wasn't really in a rush anyway.
I ordered a supply, expecting it to arrive when he had chance.

Got a pm the NEXT DAY saying he'd borrowed a soldering iron, done the mods and would post in the morning! It arrive 2 days later and is currently slamming juice in to my lipo. :D

Its half the size of my pc supply, and twice as fast. The limit is now my RC charger, as the supply can put out 400w.

For £25 shipped to my door, and with excellent customer service, I would highly reccomend this supply to any UK peeps.

Pics to follow
Feel free to pm or post if you want to ask any queastions.

Alex

Hey Xanda thats good to know. If you are using it that often you would be a good stress tester for the units. I don't get to use my lipo based system all that much so i rarely use my own person seriesed server supply. btw Darren already has a PSU on its way to him. :D

Back