which motor brand is it?

manz

1 µW
Hi,
I wonder if this motor is recognizable with just a picture and the "56 magnets" mention:
http://e-bike-diffusion.com/index.php?module=produit&prd_id=443&url_retour=http%253A%252F%252Fe-bike-diffusion.com%253A80%252Findex.php%253Fmodule%253Dcategorie%2526code_cat%253D30%2526page_start_num%253D1
Or at least another motor from this shop.

Globally, this shop seems to have good prices but I'm really wondering if it's quality, average, second choice or total crap.
Thanks for your help and knowledge.

Look like 9c clone DD motor.

There's no such thing as a 9C clone. That's like calling a similar looking sub-compact car a Tata clone. 9C buys commonly available motor parts, winds the copper, installs halls, bearings and wiring harness. I doubt they even glue in their own magnets, but I guess that's possible. There are hundreds if not thousands of these motor winding shops, and drastically fewer companies that make the metal parts.

John

John in CR said:
There's no such thing as a 9C clone. That's like calling a similar looking sub-compact car a Tata clone. 9C buys commonly available motor parts, winds the copper, installs halls, bears and the wiring harness. I doubt they even glue in their own magnets, but I guess that's possible. There are hundreds if not thousands of these motor winding shops, and drastically fewer companies that make the metal parts.

John

That's interesting, so does 9C make any actual parts or are they basically just assemblers? I ask because I have some motors that I had referred to as 9C clones and was amazed to see that the cover plates could actually be swapped with authentic 9C motors, so I figured the copycats must have done a very good job with their copying tolerances. So apparently this wasn't correct, and they are probably just buying motor parts from the same suppliers?

Even some of the GoldenMotor types' parts can be interchanged with some of the 9C types. I have a GM stator here that fits in one of the older 9C covers/rotor, for example (Icecube57 ran it that way for some time before I got it).

So, unless there's a specific marking on it, it'd be tough to say which "brand" it is, since there are so very many of them.

Code:
Hi,
I wonder if this motor is recognizable with just a picture and the "56 magnets" mention:
http://e-bike-diffusion.com/index.php?m ... _num%253D1
Or at least another motor from this shop.

Globally, this shop seems to have good prices but I'm really wondering if it's quality, average, second choice or total crap.
Thanks for your help and knowledge.

Hi. I Ride on this engine ( http://www.ecomoto.info/kross/kolo.jpg ) . This is what they write in the description is a little exaggerated.
60 km/h the engine speed under no load on 26" rim. With me (total weight 115kg + 30kg bike) I was driving 50 km/h

mlt34 said:
John in CR said:
There's no such thing as a 9C clone. That's like calling a similar looking sub-compact car a Tata clone. 9C buys commonly available motor parts, winds the copper, installs halls, bears and the wiring harness. I doubt they even glue in their own magnets, but I guess that's possible. There are hundreds if not thousands of these motor winding shops, and drastically fewer companies that make the metal parts.

John

That's interesting, so does 9C make any actual parts or are they basically just assemblers? I ask because I have some motors that I had referred to as 9C clones and was amazed to see that the cover plates could actually be swapped with authentic 9C motors, so I figured the copycats must have done a very good job with their copying tolerances. So apparently this wasn't correct, and they are probably just buying motor parts from the same suppliers?

They wind their own stators, because we've seen video of that from Justin's visit to China. Winding is the labor intensive part, but I've been told I can purchase already wound stators in bulk. If I could get wound stators with high quality steel, I'd import the pieces and become a hubmotor manufacturer in a heart beat.

Back