• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Which universal charger?

Rapido

1 µW
Hi all,
I have been enjoying using my first Ebike built around a 36v lion battery pack and 250w bafang hub motor. However the battery charger must have failed, when left on overnight charge, which I only found out when I was caught short 2 3rds of the way into daily commute. The battery seems ok as even in it's discharged state it is still giving a voltage reading of 38v. There is a large black soot mark on the charger printed circuit board so i assume this has charged it's last battery!? I am building my next Ebike which I plan to run more power, 48V 500-750w and a mid-drive possibly a bafang bottom bracket mounted system. Rather than buy a replacement charger for the current bike, which may only last 6 months like the last one, I feel it would be wise to invest in a good universal charger which could charge both of these batteries and others perhaps for future proofing. Could anyone recommend such a charger Please.

Satiator. Not cheap but if you use more than one pack voltage for any reason, it makes it really easy to do, and it's fanless and water resistant, can be mounted on your bike if you like. (where most chargers I've seen would vibrate to death, probably quickly, if you did that).

Back