Who uses a BBS02 on a 73MM BB?

I have found the perfect bike to put my BBS02 750W on BUT it has a 73mm bottom bracket.
I know I can use locking compound instead of the locknut and longer bolts and spacers for the left hand bracket but was worried about the chainline.

My current Apollo Evade jumps over the teeth in the 3 top gears using a DNP 11-30 freewheel but that may be down to the derailleur as much as anything as it is a cheap pile of Halfords crap.

I am looking at the http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/trail-6-2014-mountain-bike-ec053936?country=GB&currency=GBP&source=criteo&medium=display&utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=Display&utm_campaign=Criteo

The spec says it has a tange-seiki-ln-3912-square-taper-bottom-bracket on but I have just been to my LBS and all the Cannondales in there have 73mm BBs.

I just want to know if folks are managing ok with 8 speed cassettes before I put my hand in my pocket.

Nobody answered your post. I have a Diamondback Apex Trail which has a 73mm BB with an 8 speed cassette. So far so good.

Thanks for that :)

Back