Why am I not receiving email notifications?

marty

1 MW
Why am I not receiving email notifications to topics when somebody replies to a topic I have been looking at?

Yesterday was major email confusion in Marty land. GoDaddy decided that they need more money and I should pay extra for email. I got a bunch of domain names and web sites. Oh NO. Had to move all the email address to the cPanel.

In case I need to do this again in the future. Notes on how I did it.
Change DNS records for each domain.
Set up all the email addresses in the cPanel. [Default Address] button is where ya make the catch all happen.
"Send all unrouted email for the following domain:"
"A catch-all email account receives all messages sent to incorrect email addresses for that domain"
Here I am endless-sphere@mydomainname.com Not my real email address.
Remove each account in Mozilla Thunderbird. Add mail accounts. Thunderbird seems to figure out all the settings correctly. Lost years of old emails. Could have backed them up. Feel like I just threw away a ton of junk I an sick of storing.
This took all day.

Would someone please reply to this topic to test if I am receiving email notifications from Endless Sphere. Could just be that it is a slow day for Endless Sphere notifications in Marty land.

The most likely thing is that the email server itself, before it even passes emails on to you where you have any kind of access to them, is tossing them out as spam because there are so many similar ones sent out every day (not just to you, but likely to others on similar email servers that communicate with each other about spam).

All of the email services I've ever used do this backend thing, and there's nothing the actual user can do to change it if that's what's causing it. Even whitelisting specific addresses, etc., doesn't work, because the server is tossing them out before they get to the stage of entering the individual user's accounts to be filtered. As a user (even an accountholder or domain owner) you can't even know this is happening. Only the people actually running the email server itself can tell, by looking at the server logs or settings (which in my experience they won't do).

If it isn't that problem, then the other common problem (which you have already likely checked for) is to ensure your own online account settings at your host (if you have access to them) (and not the ones in your local email client like Thunderbird) arent' set to filter stuff like this out, and/or are set to allow *all* incoming mail to be downloaded, and to not ever filter anything out for any reason, so that your local client can do that with local rules instead.

If it isn't that, it's possible that the server for ES itself isn't sending them out for some reason. Or that the mail servers between ES and you are doing spam filtering and ditching them, in which case there's literally nothing you can do about it, since you can't even know which servers those are for any specific email (they may not be routed the same each time).

I'm not sure about specific client-end settings you might need to use, or server-end settings you might have access to for your domains.

Thanks for the reply Amber.

Looked at cPanel Spam Filters. They all are disabled.

Changed my email address here to webmaster@differentdomainname.com Got a Reactivate your account email from donotreply@endless-sphere.com so hopefully it is fixed.

Would someone please reply to this tread to test if I am receiving email notifications. No need for lots of words. TEST would be fine.

Back