Why not just charge lifepo4 to 3.4v

Nothing wrong with that method. As a general rule, voltage/percentage charts tend to be oversimplifications for LFP, but that chart you posted is at least headed in the right direction.

Ultimately it depends on absorption and your chosen current cutoff. I found this video to be informative (even though Andy tends to be a bit too talkative for me, his real-world testing and results are usually pretty good).

I charge to 3.45/cell, and usually cutoff at about 100-200ma per cell

That's true. For my personally experience, charging to 3.45v per cell, my cells like to settle at 3.37-3.4v

I charge to 3.45v there very little above that that's worth chasing. Lifepo4 is very forgiving as it can be changed to 3.7v if you catch it don't let it sit there. But forgiving. And let it settle to 3.5v or thereabouts. One tickle the throttle and it's 3.4v. So 3.45v is a Goldilocks zone. If my opinion.
More info what lifepo4 cells ???

Been using a123 green 26650s. I’ve seen some lifepo4 said in their data sheet to be capable of charging to 4.2v.

I ask because will do 36s next battery and that would be 129.6v if fully charged to 3.6v a cell which is beyond the esc limit of 126v.. but ill just charge to under 3.5v max and seems no downside

I been charging my 220ah lifepo4 to 3.65 everyday for almost 5 years. I prefer 100 percent everytime, it doesnt seem to affect anything on my battery which is still performing as when it was new. But I rarely use more than 50 percent of the battery. From my own experience charging to less than the max probably wont make the battery last any longer. 5 years of everyday use is still a long time for me.

Back