Will the BBS02 750w work with a 30A Daly BMS?

caseylain

1 mW
I know the BBS02 is rated for 25 amps, but is that the absolute max? It won't ever trip the overcurrent protection on a Daly 30amp BMS right?

Also I really don't want to go to a bigger bms, because the battery I am attaching it to is a 15ah Panasonic 3350mah build. Those cells are rated for max 2c discharge rate, which would be 30amps. Don't want to push things.

Mathematically it should all work, but I've been surprised in the past by controllers drawing a lot more peak current then their peak current rating.

Empirical data, but I've put wattmeters on my BBS02, which is set for 25A, and that appears to be the max current shown on my meter. I don't think 30A Daly or any other low cost 30A BMS actually restricts to 30A either, I believe their overcurrent is set for short circuit loads, like 100A. The 30A must refer to sustained MOSFET current.

Empirical data, but I've put wattmeters on my BBS02, which is set for 25A, and that appears to be the max current shown on my meter. I don't think 30A Daly or any other low cost 30A BMS actually restricts to 30A either, I believe their overcurrent is set for short circuit loads, like 100A. The 30A must refer to sustained MOSFET current.
sweet that's just what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Back