Worx Turnigy weedeater

torker

100 kW
Finally got around to modding a battery case for my lame Worx weedeater. A 5s lipo fits perfect :mrgreen: I came up one bullet connector short :x Not sure if I can find something here that would work. Also I need some kind of voltmeter. Don't want to thrash a brick of lipo on a weedwacker :roll: When the 1.7 ah nicads were fresh it would run at least 20 min. so I can at least try it out and keep an eye on it I suppose. More to come after I try it out :twisted: :twisted:

Oh yea !! It has never worked like this.. If it wasn't 105 deg. F :shock: I might have an idea of runtime. Might have to "borrow" the wattmeter from the bike..

Attachments

• Worx Turnigy.JPG
    Worx Turnigy.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,510
Yesterday I did a ton of trimming with a B&D trimmer on lipo. Acre of yard, but 1/4 of it is in small areas with lots of curb, 30-40 trees. Took more than an hour, and used about 75% of a pair of 5s 5ah turnigy packs. Went through 3 spools of string.

I'll probably start going through the line now :mrgreen: Before it wouldn't feed the line at all. Now I can hear it hitting the cutting bar pretty regular so I better get to winding my empty spool. Ditto on the cordless that work. We cut a 4 inch steel pipe with my Hitachi sawzall yesterday so my son and his friends could make a cannon :roll: Their 19 year olds. watta ya gonna do !

Changing the string is such a pita. Rather than change the string every 5mins we got a blade attachment and a steel cable. The blade sucks for grass but I've cut (2" thick) oak scrub with it and it's great for edging if you're careful not to kill the concrete/etc. The steel cable is good for grass and can get through some thicker stuff that a normal string can't but obviously it won't cut through oak the way the blade will. Well worth the cost, both of 'em.

Yea I think steel string might scare me. Right now I can use it while wearing shorts, plus my wife will be using it. The thing will actually edge now :mrgreen: Never had enough oomph to do that before. Now it'll dig a nice line along the curb. I should have done this a long time ago. :mrgreen:

Does anybody know if these WORX trimmers (I have one) can handle 6s?

Pure said:
Does anybody know if these WORX trimmers (I have one) can handle 6s?

I bet it could. It is no different than modding a hubmotor. I didn't add hardly any voltage at 5s . Maybe 1 volt but it stays at the max all the time. 6s is what 25 volts hot... It should work fine but might stress the bearings a little quicker.. Listen to me :roll: GO FOR IT !!! :twisted:

Cool I want all my lawn equipment to run off of the same 6s4p back pack of LiPo. So I'm starting my conversions now. Weed eater, pole saw, hedge trimmer, blower. All running off of the same pack.

Ypedal said:
most of you likely have seen this already.. but ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CvpnnTWiJc

[youtube]9CvpnnTWiJc[/youtube]
Hi Y!

good to see you!

would be nice to have a more silent blower. Brushless Blower anyone?

Hate the gas powered blowers, loud as hell..

Back