Xiongda YTW-06 mini hub motor

It would appear you may have gotten lucky, although you should post again when you hit 2000 km or so, if you make it that far.

Xiongda appears to have some fairly serious design and quality control issues. Good thing there isn't a crazy vendor pimping these things to high heaven.

If there was, there would be an interesting number of posts remarkably like the previous one.

Also long-time posters who receive free product and then say nice things about it.

The guy has two posts and is a recent member, so.... Reader beware :roll:

recent posts carry some validity and the history of this motor was seriously considered before commiting to the build. bear in mind the riding purpose as originally posted. the objective was lightweight bike that would provide pas in the grades as mentioned in my previous post. i ride with a 53/39 to 7 speed 12/18 freewheel and switch between the 3 or 4 on either chain ring to sync with the motor when it kicks ie ~26kmh. my riding below this speed is where necessary supported by ps levels 1 to 3 on both rings. not often i use 4 and have never needed level 5. on the climbs mentioned in earlier post the motor upon touch is tepid warm which doesnt surprise me based on the gearing and watts i'm providing. i thought i would post this build as apart from one contributor [zro-1?] there doesn't seem to be a lot of road bike builds posted for discussion. photo of bike for those interested

mosquito.jpg

Hello folks, has are your xionga motors afer some time?
I do plan to use mini hub motor for the 10year kid on his 24inch MTB.
Would you recomend XIONGA or rather Q100?
Loking forward for your reply

i considered the q100 as an option to the ytw-006 but weight was deciding factor. i've covered 3,5K on the bike and not one problem has arisen with the motor. keep in mind my previous post when i detailed my riding pattern. max distance to date on single charge is 150k. only drawback with the motor is the drag which is only noticeable when over the 25kph limit (australia)

oops said:
i considered the q100 as an option to the ytw-006 but weight was deciding factor. i've covered 3,5K on the bike and not one problem has arisen with the motor. keep in mind my previous post when i detailed my riding pattern. max distance to date on single charge is 150k. only drawback with the motor is the drag which is only noticeable when over the 25kph limit (australia)

I'm truly surprised that you had a good experience with the motor.
Both motors i received do not have a straight axle. I really wonder if your motor has the stiffening tubes that neither of my motors have. In no way would i consider lacing either of my motors to a wheel.. At most they would be used as part of a recumbent mid drive system.

currently at 6,9km with the motor not missing a beat. just finished rebuilding my cannondale aero r1000 with the ytw-006. will upload image on next post

Back