YuanLang Controller - Speed Limiter YES/NO

njordan

1 µW
Hi everybody,
I'm completely new here, bought 2 scooters directly in China, and seem to have controller units from YuanLang inside:

http://en.njyuanlang.com/products_detail/&productId=da289ebe-f63a-4763-aee7-3faedd5d7723&comp_stats=comp-FrontProducts_list01-1278837448483.html

Which is OK, and i seem to like the features, especially the charge-back when using the front brake and also using the energy to slow down the back wheel...but maybe this is already commodity today.....

My Question, I need to limit the speed, which reaches at a 500W hall brushless motor about 40km/h, the company selling me the scooters after several rounds gave me the information that I could limit the speed by easiyl connecting a 1-cable black plug to its opposite, which I did for testing....and it seems to really work, as the speed now is only 20km/h.

1.) I would like to ask you professionals and more experienced technicians, after some research it seems the 1-cable black plug is often called in controllers "meter" or the test line, now in this forum I have seen some pics of other controllers where a cable looking 100% the same for angle settings 120 degree or 60 degree of hall sensors.
Could it really be the case that this cable is mainly used for speed limiting, or its the angle cable, and I just have this effect when having a 120degree motor and setting it to 60 degree. I did some meassures, if it helps, in between the two black cables a voltage of 5V is meassured when opened. My major fear is if something could be broken if I use this mode too long.....??????

2.) Does anybody know this controller unit,......., I'm asking if there may be another cable coming out of the scooter, much better...or lets say really intended to controll speed limits.....I've seen controllers which have a 3pin calbe for so called "Speed selection - low, med, high", I also have a 3pin calbe not used, but it could be anything.
Already tried to contact YuanLang, but seems to be really hard to reach somebody speaking english....also the webpage does not help a lot....

3.) also was thinking of putting a voltage divider in between the throttle signal line and the controller, mainyl I guess it will depend on how much current the controller takes from the throttle, I guess this could be a way to limit the speed.....

Thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated!!!!!
Norbert

If you use a 10k pot, you can have whatever speed you want. If I set it to cruise at 12mph, I can pedal as much or as little as I want. The harder I pedal, the less power is taken from the battery. When I come to a hill, the controller increases the power to try and maintain the speed, so I can still pedal as much or as little as I want. I can set it to any speed, but I prefer range to speed.
SANY0082.jpg

Back