Zipper z4 not charging

Gastric

1 mW
Hi I have a zipper z4 that won’t charge when I plug my charger in it just stays on the green light I have tried another charger of the same input and output and it still stays green I have attached a pic of the voltage on the discharge side of the battery Any help would be greatly appreciated the bike is a 36v. Sorry I have deleted the pic but the voltage read 36.2 on the discharge side

Attachments

• IMG_1446.jpeg
    IMG_1446.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
What happens to that voltage if you have the battery connected to the bike and try to turn the bike on?

If it drops to basically nothing it means the BMS has detected a cell-level problem and shut off input and output to prevent charge and discharge, to prevent further cell damage that could lead to a fire.

To fix this, you'd either have to replace the battery pack with a new one, or if you have experience/ in battery repair and equipment for it (or are willing to learn and spend the money on all the equipment for testing and repairing one, which could cost more than a new battery by the time you're done) you can test and fix the old one. Keep in mind that during testing or repair, a short across the wrong things can start a very hot very big fire you can't easily put out.

At minimum to do a repair you'd have to open the battery and test the individual cell group voltages. This recent thread has some info on that

Back