ZIPPY Flightmax 8000mAh 6S1P 30C - HK.. YAY

VoKuS

100 W
YAY!!!!

Z80006S-30.jpg

Zippy Flightmax batteries deliver full capacity & discharge as well as being the best value batteries in the hobby market today!

Spec.
Capacity: 8000mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2v
Discharge: 30C Constant / 40C Burst
Weight: 1256g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 172x69x52mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge plug: 5.5mm Bullet-connector (without housing)

Price:
6S = $88.18 <----- Dont Like!!!
5S = $73.49
4S = $58.80

6S
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16228

5S
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16227

4S
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16226

Oh yea !! Actually 88 dollars for 8 ah aint bad.. When 5 ah- 6s have been going for 42 on a swarm sale and I paid 42 for 5s- 5 ah from US warehouse. And these are almost the same width. Just a tad taller and longer.

torker said:
Oh yea !! Actually 88 dollars for 8 ah aint bad.. When 5 ah- 6s have been going for 42 on a swarm sale and I paid 42 for 5s- 5 ah from US warehouse. And these are almost the same width. Just a tad taller and longer.

If you idle on the page for 5 minutes you get offered the 6S pack for $83.43 .... im almost tempted to buy 4 right now but im too poor lol :(

That's just under .50 a watt hour, excluding shipping. Actually, a very good price. Now do they have them in the US warehouse yet......

4 of those makes a sweet little 16 ah 12s pack. :mrgreen: But even nicer would be a set of 6, Huge 12s range, or nice speed at 18s.

Dammnniitttt i just bought a bunch of 5000maHs.... :evil:

wineboyrider said:
Bet they don't last long???? Great for commuters on lipo... :D

No kidding, i been riding on a scant 5ah for a long time. 8ah is good for more than 10 miles on most mid-low power setups..
5s 8AH packs + plus a 10s charger... there's your pre-built lithium pack replacement right there..

And it's 30c so it should be fine up to and beyond 60amps without getting warm..

Sweet. And ~30% cheaper and ~20% lighter than two 4Ah packs. Now if they can just get them into the US warehouse...

VoKuS said:
6S = $88.18 <----- Dont Like!!!
Why? It's exactly the same price per cell as the 5S and 4S ($14.70).

I would have built me a 12s 32ah lipo pack instead with Gary's boards and then I would almost never have to worry about charging while running around town. 8) And at 22 lbs for this pack it would be around the same weight as a 48v 20ah ping pack! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Lipo for the commuting class will never be the same.

Ya, i bet these sell like hotcakes and HK will figure out that lipos with more amp hours sell faster.
I hope they make 10 amp hour batteries soon :)

jlustig83 said:
Ya, i bet these sell like hotcakes and HK will figure out that lipos with more amp hours sell faster.
I hope they make 10 amp hour batteries soon :)

Yeah, i am wondering about that.. what is the practical application of > 5000mah batteries in the RC world?

1/5th scale stuff?
Monster airplanes?

I mean, what would you shoe horn this battery into, really? lol.

I hope they realize that us eBike guys are buying them en masse. Would be awesome if they actually started catering to us. This is one big step towards that.

neptronix said:
I mean, what would you shoe horn this battery into, really? lol.

Trex 700 RC heli would take them im sure, run times would be increased a few minutes on the 6-7 you get now with 5000mah packs, along of course with large scale aircraft and likely electric boats and 1/5 and 1/4 scale rc buggies.

Kim

I hope they realize that us eBike guys are buying them en masse. Would be awesome if they actually started catering to us. This is one big step towards that.
I doubt that will happen mostly, because of liability issues. I mean once a company deliberately starts selling lipo to ebikers(which still has some safety issues if you don't follow safety precautions) then the trial lawyers will be all over it. I mean face it legal liability is one of the main reasons very little is made in the USA anymore. If you tried to sue a Chinese company they would all laugh their ass off and call us hung fu shceaie fooeey or something like that !.... 8) 8)

wineboyrider said:
I doubt that will happen mostly, because of liability issues. I mean once a company deliberately starts selling lipo to ebikers(which still has some safety issues if you don't follow safety precautions) then the trial lawyers will be all over it. I mean face it legal liability is one of the main reasons very little is made in the USA anymore. If you tried to sue a Chinese company they would all laugh their ass off and call us hung fu shceaie fooeey or something like that !.... 8) 8)

Ah yes, but hobbyking is based in China, their products are Chinese, and the USA warehouse basically is just that.. a warehouse.

Nonetheless, it sucks how we have to fly under the radar in regards to batteries in the USA. Suppose it's worse for Canada though.

neptronix said:
it sucks how we have to fly under the radar in regards to batteries in the USA. Suppose it's worse for Canada though.

Nope, I just received three 6s, 5.8ah lipo packs from HK, got here in a week and half. No issues with shipping lipo here. You just have to pick the correct shipping method, that's all.

Hello "psycholist"

"EMS Express" does indeed have a couple tags stating "no lipo", BUT... as you place your order with lipo cells included, these options are automaticly eliminated and your choices are only down to two. One is "EMS Express", and the other is either, more or less expensive but both work. It's all done automaticly as you fill your order.

Just don't click the shipping choice till the last minute. Easy as ever, they don't ship the same day but when they do ship (couple days later) it only takes a week or so to your door. China shipping is faster than from USA order because it sits in customs for a week or so.

I've done this a few times since the lipo shipping fiasco, and it's like nothing ever changed. But shipping is slightly more costly because of it.

The snow is all gone here in Penticton and the temps are above freezing, one heat spell and bike season is upon us 8) woo hoo, yeah baby, it's about time.

Enjoy your ebiking adventure "Psycholist", if you have any questions, or need help, just ask, I have family in Kelowna, and go there few times a year to party.

as you place your order with lipo cells included, these options are automaticly eliminated and your choices are only down to two. One is "EMS Express",

I believe many of the lightly loaded passenger planes that cross the ocean at night have a lot of empty cargo-space that is filled last-minute by cargo middle-men. I'm pretty sure EMS is mostly a cargo outfit (like FedEx/UPS?), so if they don't have any public passengers, they can carry the most worrisome cargo with less restriction.

The USA warehouse of Hobby-King can afford to have a 3-month order/receive cycle for stock if they use cargo-ships to handle large blocks of the most popular items. Cargo-ships would give them the lowest possible shipping costs, but if you recieved LiPo in 1-3 weeks, it sat in a Chinese shipping warehouse for a few days and then traveled in an aircraft.

Because of liability issues, I don't expect any RC/LiPo retailer to start advertising that they are selling E-bike parts. If you crash a model plane, nobody gets sued, but a child crashes an E-bike...

The use of stickers that say: "more than 750W, for off-road use only" (*wink*) show they know whats going on, but to be honest, NOT advertising as an E-bike parts supplier doesn't slow sales. The sales staff reads the feedback, and they will know a lot of the 8aH LiPos are going on E-bikes...

+1 on the 10aH packs, but thats the biggest I'd make if I was them, you can parallel packs for more aH...10aH is a simple and sweet size for a short range E-bike thats charged up each night.

Hi,

wineboyrider said:
I doubt that will happen mostly, because of liability issues. I mean once a company deliberately starts selling lipo to ebikers(which still has some safety issues if you don't follow safety precautions) then the trial lawyers will be all over it...
Deliberately selling lipo to ebike users isn't necessary, almost irrelevant. We'd like bigger packs (more ah). Two things would probably make it happen:
  • 1. The 8ah packs sell surprisingly well.
    2. They connect the dots and figure out there is a demand for larger packs.

MitchJi said:
Deliberately selling lipo to ebike users isn't necessary, almost irrelevant. We'd like bigger packs (more ah). Two things would probably make it happen:
  • 1. The 8ah packs sell surprisingly well.
    2. They connect the dots and figure out there is a demand for larger packs.

Haha yup.. they may wonder who the hell is buying these but not question if they should make bigger ones or not due to the numbers.. :)

Back