1000 watt Aotema Maxi-Might Cooked

Glad to see somebody is reviewing this interesting new motor. :mrgreen: Most of my recent shipments from HK have taken about 10-14 days. The shipping cost smarts till you price stuff elsewhere. For me, about the time they track at all, they arrive within 2 days.

So does that mean you plan on some racing too?

... Any update on new Maxi-Might motor arrival?

Two weeks to ship? I hope he treats paying customers better than that.

I'll try to be positive and say that maybe he just got them in, and sent it to you as soon as he got it.

Glad to hear that Terry is not another disappointing vendor. A few people have given good reports about him...Dogman for one.

... update?

I haven't modified mine to fit yet, but have been looking it over and seeing where it could be improved.

Another small change- the slot for wires is at 90* from the axle flats. It would be easier and more sturdy to put the wire slot on the same plane as the flats.

rebelpilot said:
Can any one recommend a chain tensioner? I would like to keep the three speed chainring setup at the front.
Just use your regular derailer, with the high and low lockout screws set to the same point so it is locked into a single position aligned with the singlespeed freewheel. You won't need a shifter cable on it. If the existing lockout screws aren't long enough to fully lock it into one place, replace one (or both) of them with a longer one.

The standard controller is in a large very nice case, the fit and finish does not look typical for ebike parts from China. It looks like the case would be able to dissipate lots of heat. There are >2mm fins over much of the external surface, the entire bottom is finned. Looks like a good candidate for modding.
Would be interesting to see the insides of that (and the inside of the motor) in detail. ;)

I don’t know what I will use the thumb throttle for. I can’t possibly see how I could smoothly control a high power motor with this thing on a moving vehicle, nor could I apply the required thumb pressure for very long.
Is it a hard spring? Most thumb throttles I've used so far have a light spring in them and are easy to keep pressed. I have trouble with grip throttles because my hands go numb when held in one position too long; I like being able to shift them around and the thumb throttles make that easier for me (depending on how I mount them). But I also mount them "backwards" on regular bike bars (unlike Crazybike2's), so that I am pushing "up" or "forward" on it, rather than down/below the bars. Basicaly so that the cable ends up sticking out toward the right. I don't like the throttle working the other (normal) way.

Brake disk 5.40oz
Mangled disk screws 0.50oz
Did I miss something, or was the problem with these not covered in the existing text?

"Plug braking" using wire wrapped around the bike frame (to provide a heat-dump area) has been done for that, in at least a couple of threads around here somewhere.

Re the thumb throttle. Cut about an inch long piece of 1" pvc pipe, and glue it with regular pvc cement to the throttle. Viola, half twist throttle. Not too much glue, so you don't glue the mechanism into a locked position. I've done this to all my thumb throttles.

Nice thread man, I may pick up one of these hubs for mine. I hate to add to your work load but could I implore you to measure the axle tip to tip and reply with the result? Also a side on pic showing the spoke flange. I intend to lace it with 12g spokes to a steel rim. I understand if you're too busy. I sent an email to Hitechbikes and Jerry answered me at midnight! :shock: Now that's dedication, he said he would measure one tomorrow and get back to me. I'm just trying to make sure I get a response from someone, and a pic they probably can't give anyway. Everyone seems to be cheering me on so I'll do the same for you. Nice review, best of luck, and I will be following along eager to see your results.
Brian L.

Mine is already laced in, so kinda hard to measure. But I got 215mm total axle length. This would be a great motor for your chopper, it will be just right for the added width.

Back