#1 The long road

Humbled guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i have a mx friend here from italy atm [ a good rider so the anxiety of letting some one ride was not so bad ] and he is quite light so power to weight was good. was real fun to see his reactions after first couple of minute's
Only prob was he said he had to have it and made a very serious offer, prob is i would have to make another not sure if i want to do it all over again so soon :roll: The other thing is He is a high level ali tig welder so he knows how much work is in a custom frame.

just had a peak at this thread.
man youv done some hard yards and serious work there!!

beautiful results too.
when i saw the bike on the wheel for sale thread i was thinking"that looks like a stealth but the panel shape is all wrong",then, " maybe a vector but no its not quite like that either..."

so reading the thread i now understand.. :D

how do the 17" tyres handle, particularly on the front?

have you ever tried larger front wheel size?

have you any plans for more builds, mid-drive perhaps?

Great build. I hadnt seen it either.
Bit of shame to replace the licenced and rare rear end with a single swinger - but I totally get why you did it.
Lovely work.

Hey John

just read your whole thread nice job man, and I know how much Tig welding costs you could have bought one and taught yourself by now lol.

It really isn't that hard.

Have you had it off road on single track yet how does the 17" front go?

Cheers Kiwi

Emoto said:
Humbled guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i have a mx friend here from italy atm [ a good rider so the anxiety of letting some one ride was not so bad ] and he is quite light so power to weight was good. was real fun to see his reactions after first couple of minute's
Only prob was he said he had to have it and made a very serious offer, prob is i would have to make another not sure if i want to do it all over again so soon :roll: The other thing is He is a high level ali tig welder so he knows how much work is in a custom frame.

funny. i had an Italien moto rider try my hotrod, after the ride he said- the power is awesome but he was not expecting it and nearly flipped it comming up a steep hill. :lol:
also he said he would be scared to go at high speeds caus a small rock or pothole could cause havvoc, with the bike being so light.

I could see that. An 80 pound machine moving at 50+ miles an hour will keep you on your toes.

First thanks for all the comments boys, ridethelightning check this thread http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64609 this has big potential i think .
On the 17" handling questions only ridden on road / cycleways a little off road but not much, they stick good on road, i chose m45's as there sort of like an enduro pattern just in case you want to do a few shortcuts offroad ect.
Samd said:
Great build. I hadnt seen it either.
Bit of shame to replace the licenced and rare rear end with a single swinger - but I totally get why you did it.
Lovely work.
Hey Sam,Thats good coming from you :wink: do you mean the big hit frame, i sold that .

Kiwi i was very close to getting a tig imagine the custom frames, im in the slow process of getting rid of stuff i dont use atm pos a tig in the future 8) .
I could write a thread on the pitfalls of dealing with some cowboy welders, but if you get a good dude = priceless i think, with no anxiety on quality of welds.

Emoto said:
First thanks for all the

Kiwi i was very close to getting a tig imagine the custom frames, im in the slow process of getting rid of stuff i dont use atm pos a tig in the future 8) .
I could write a thread on the pitfalls of dealing with some cowboy welders, but if you get a good dude = priceless i think, with no anxiety on quality of welds.[/quote

I agree Tig is an art and I don't confess to being an Artist :p

What speed can you pedal and help the bike?

Also what are you front and rear ring gears?

Cheers Kiwi

Emoto said:
First thanks for all the comments boys, ridethelightning check this thread http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64609 this has big potential i think .

So far it seems there are a a little hard to get controllers to work smoothly with the Revolt 120 pro, or at least the adaptto Max-e. It seems hard to extract all the 15 kw peak power, and even the 6 kw continuous. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70500&start=25#p1075360

Watch that thread too see if they find a solution to the heating issues. The revolt has great potential and if you can have 15 kw peak or even 10 kw peak it would be a winner for the handling compared to hubs.

kiwiev said:
Emoto said:
I agree Tig is an art and I don't confess to being an Artist :p

What speed can you pedal and help the bike?

Also what are you front and rear ring gears?

Cheers Kiwi
Atm its 34 x 21 the low ratio its purely for getting home back to base if i have a prob, but i could go to a 16 rear later if i decide to change ratio , or add a smaller cog and a derailleur up front for a two speed ... but for me this is a go for a :arrow: blast :arrow: bike..

The other night i went for a ride 3am no one around just a few dogs barking at the music of the hub under full acceleration :mrgreen:

Attachments

• SAM_3272.JPG
    SAM_3272.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 3,097
The other night i went for a ride 3am no one around just a few dogs barking at the music of the hub under full acceleration :mrgreen:
i love the feeling of late night/early morning rides. makes me feel like im king of the road.

the other night i went across tasman bridge at full noise, something id be only game to do in the small hours cause it often has a police ambush in waiting and they wont allow 'pushbikes' across. they have speed cameras set up there 24/7, but there's not a whole lot they can do without a plate :lol:

ps. sometimes i think the dogs can hear the high frequency from the controller...

Attachments

• tasman bridge.jpg
    tasman bridge.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 3,063
Ha thats rad!
Ditto on the frequency. I've been using one bike for a bit of bowhunting for the local rabbits. I wonder if a sine controller would unlock stealth mode better.

ridethelightning said:
i love the feeling of late night/early morning rides. makes me feel like im king of the road.

the other night i went across tasman bridge at full noise, something id be only game to do in the small hours cause it often has a police ambush in waiting and they wont allow 'pushbikes' across. they have speed cameras set up there 24/7, but there's not a whole lot they can do without a plate :lol:

ps. sometimes i think the dogs can hear the high frequency from the controller...

Like Sam said, that was rad as it gets. Yah, phodar only works when there is a plate in the pic. I like riding at night as well, even took some video on my GP, when I went to edit, couldn't see $h!T. I would need some kind of ambient light magnification to make it sort or work.

Ta Rix Thats the size i had ordered.
ridethelightning said:
Good question couldn't answer it straight off ... after some thought still cant :roll:
I keep flipping between a light offroad bike to a belt driven Rv 120/160 with custom frame or been looking at one of these large QSMOTOR's 8) on a sexy road specific custom frame
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Electric-Bike-Hub-Motor-273-8000w-Export-Type-V2/1389549_2012900533.html.

QSMOTOR Sale thread https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65972 enjoy!

Anyway have had some new parts arrive.SAM_3257.JPG

I think there is only one solution to your problem, you will need one of each :D
And we know you have the skills to whip up a couple of frames so you really should not have to choose. With two you have no compromise :twisted:

If you still are not certain, you better check with your chief engineer and the head of R & D department.

file.php

Emoto said:
Ta Rix Thats the size i had ordered.
ridethelightning said:
Good question couldn't answer it straight off ... after some thought still cant :roll:
I keep flipping between a light offroad bike to a belt driven Rv 120/160 with custom frame or been looking at one of these large QSMOTOR's 8) on a sexy road specific custom frame
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Electric-Bike-Hub-Motor-273-8000w-Export-Type-V2/1389549_2012900533.html.

QSMOTOR Sale thread https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65972 enjoy!

Anyway have had some new parts arrive.

Is that my wheel mate :D :D :D

Hope so

Cheers Kiwi

I Think this one is mine :D

Back to the build : Maxxis DH tube arrived and was surprised how sturdy they are @ 420gms they are similar in weight to a small mc tube.
Still thinking on my next build and seeing increasing trend for Bluetooth android apps on sine wave controllers enabling programing of parameters and real time data ie speed / temp's....... Very excited to see this 8) i have to have this.

So did you check with your chief engineer on what to choose? Street assault bike or off-road maniac?

Emoto said:
I Think this one is mine :D

Back to the build : Maxxis DH tube arrived and was surprised how sturdy they are @ 420gms they are similar in weight to a small mc tube.
Still thinking on my next build and seeing increasing trend for Bluetooth android apps on sine wave controllers enabling programing of parameters and real time data ie speed / temp's....... Very excited to see this 8) i have to have this.

I got one from Samd hooking it up to the Cromotor , I like the idea of a clean look with no display and the ability to reprogram on the fly.

Cheers Kiwi

Back