#1 The long road

Mad excited for more media on this bike. You've done a fantastic job and cut no corners and like an earlier poster said: "you'll get years of fun" for your work on this.

Markw sorry not much movement on this atm still injured but will resume asap, in the meantime ive had plenty of time to contemplate my next build and am looking at using the big hit frame i started this thread with, its sitting there with a fresh paint job just begging to be built....
So its going to be a mid drive, with a 15 KW :shock: 4.5kg motor,ill prob use 24" or 17'' mc rim if i get it right it will be madness. but got to finish this baby first

Attachments

• SAM_2133.JPG
    SAM_2133.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 4,149
Back to getting some progress, been racking by brains jiggiling things around for a while for a slick mounting solution for my regen button and the controller on /off switch thought about making custom brackets ect,
But simplicity always wins, two cable tyes worked for regen button and a simple cutout in a headset spacer worked and no fabricating :) , some times getting the little things right is very satisfying.SAM_2167.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_2185.JPG
    SAM_2185.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 4,089
Phase / halls / temp connectors done, used some heatshrink / tyes over the connectors to resist vibration unpluging, should be splash resistant also, cable lengths are good and no straining through suspension travel.
Only got a shortlist of jobs left now and am starting to dream about riding.

Attachments

• SAM_2202.JPG
    SAM_2202.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 4,035
Batts tested for resistance and grouped accordingly and fibre taped to resist swelling plus some abrasion resistance.

crank set on and chain trimmed, i think i can see the end of the road! :arrow: happy new year

Attachments

• SAM_2245.JPG
    SAM_2245.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 3,998
pucksterpete said:
It will be FUN, getting that pretty thing all dirty!!!
Yeah pete as long as i dont drop / flip it, that will be fine :)
soaresdacosta said:
Do you allready make a test drive ? Luís.
Yes Luis a few monts ago to make sure all was good , it had no crankset on batts only taped in and only in my drive way, it was pulling long power wheelies :p only on 50 battery amps,i think the light ali frame [6.5 kg ] is rewarding me there , its going to be hard to control myself on first real test drive.

Carbon composite, removable access panel trimmed /drilled and polished ...tick
Lipos snug as a bug ......All main discharge leads are a good fit... Just got to tidy up / secure balance leads.

Attachments

• SAM_2267.JPG
    SAM_2267.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 3,868
  • SAM_2249.JPG
    SAM_2249.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 3,868
Side panel fits well, tried to find the holy grail of seats [ comfy and nice looking / hard to find ] settled on this one.SAM_2278.JPGSAM_2290.JPG

So after all the work there is no other way to say it people, this first build of mine is finished :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Now for the first test ride 8) on 50 amps batt , and of course will take some pics , hopefully i can do it justice :shock:

Here is my charging system connected [ parallel ] i have a pl8v2 i like i can balance charge up to 30 amps and while a good charger it has way two many nag screens :evil: i also have a bc 168 as a spare. I had a small kff incident with the balance wires, [didnt thing i would ever do that... :roll: lesson learned ] i now have reconfigured my balance wires so there more easy replaceable than the permanent mounted solution i have in the pic.

Attachments

• SAM_2337.JPG
    SAM_2337.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 3,646
A few pics from my first ride @ 50 amps batt, very happy as all things are working as hoped so all the hours designing and measuring / fabricating / painting..... have paid off weighed the bike and complete is 40 kg :D . , suspension is PLUSH , had to brake hard :shock: a few times, brakes are very good. and definitely Worth the cash if it saves the bike and you.

Attachments

• SAM_2449.JPG
    SAM_2449.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 3,558
  • SAM_2457.JPG
    SAM_2457.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 3,558
Hey Emoto

? for ya, how is the pedaling with the chainring & freewheel setup your using?

Pete

Rix said:
Subscribed. Damn nice build!
Obviously your a man of good taste :D Thanks.
pucksterpete said:
Hey Emoto

? for ya, how is the pedaling with the chainring & freewheel setup your using?
Pete
Smooth as butter pete but the ratio i have chosen is for just getting back to base if i have a prob or run out of batt power, im on 7kw now and everything is running perfect after 15 30k rides, im just riding and charging...

That's a really nice build.
Do you have any more updates?

Hi jateureka
Only updates are stainless bolts for the carbon side panel, cos ive been riding at the beach :mrgreen: :roll: .... my pals have named it the bat bike, note the sticker.
Done 800 ks now on 7kw , and will prob get a savboton controller later, but not just yet as im enjoying the fruits of my labor.SAM_3138.JPG

A dream bike! probably my favorite dh build for aesthetics black on black and stainless.excellent work. :D

beast775 said:
A dream bike! probably my favorite dh build for aesthetics black on black and stainless.excellent work. :D

I agree Beast. BTW
2 FINGER SALUTE TO ESSO.no buying gasoline for 7 years now.
I spent all my money on bicycles women and beer the rest i just wasted.

I love you sig. quoate

This is a epic build
Wish i had half the time and ability to do this kind of work

Back