48volt 40amp vs 60volt 40amp

Danschutz

10 W
Wyoming. We have at least 6 months of winter follo
Volts = Speed
Amps = Torque

Heres my riding scenario. More than likely I'll be cruising around 27mph and occasionally stretching out to (hopefully) 35mph for a minute or two on my short commute to work which is under 4 miles. A few short hills under an eighth of a mile mostly flat and bumpy :(

Every now and again I'll want to take it off the beaten path around the bike paths to play in the dirt but Im not planning on jumping doubles with it lol. There really isn't any places around here to have a reason to go faster than 35.....maybe 37mph. I do like the idea of quicker acceleration vs high end speed.

My question is using a 3540 motor on a 24 inch rim and a Lyen 12 fet 4110 controller and wanting only short burst to 35mph am I better off with 48v and 40amps? or 60v and 40amps? The battery will come from Paul using 20r cells (5c) looking at just over 11ah.

Im just trying to reach a compromise in my needs. If money wasn't an issue I would just pony up for a 72v battery and go on my way but realistically I don't think I need that much juice. The wifes bike with a ebay motor and GM lifepo4 48v 10ah battery goes 32mph so I think asking 35mph on a 3540 motor isn't completely out of the question.

Using 48v and 40amps hurt my motor? The simulator doesn't think so but Im not positive Im reading it correctly lol.

Again I want to thank EVERYONE that has spent time to help my get this far, the time you fellows put into helping us newbs is just incredible!!!!!!!!

Dan L.

60V will give you more watts :D More top speed and acceleration :mrgreen:

I been using a 3525 at 72v40a always wot. I open it up after many 30min runs with hills. No more strings and some color and some smell. It still runs fine, but with color.

Back