60MPH 11kW Qulbix Raptor

you mean the normal one right? the kelly one fits....my wish is that qulbix bring out a 3rd version for sabbies ;P
(because theres alot of space using a sabbie in kelly protector. you can stick a complete hand between it)

when you find the rubber grommet plz let me know where you find one (excepet of ordering from qulbix) i need another one too.

Man, my allergies have been killing me so bad lately. I haven't been able to finish the bike at all. On top of that there are a kazillion mosquito's out from all that rain, so working in the garage is not happening.

The bike is still in pieces, hanging in the garage. Don't have much time lately. Been busy with other things around the house and what not. Only thing done so far, is getting my other bicycles going again. Getting my home stereo up and running again. My old school Luxman preamp finally decided to let go of one channel, so another old school B&K preamp took its place.

But hopefully soon, I'll get some time to wire the Sabvoton up. My goal is to also have a 6-fet Lyen controller in the bike for a backup and it has to be a plug and play setup. I have tektro ebike brake levers and Hayes 4 piston calipers waiting to be installed.

snellemin said:

Hey there snellemin, I really like this CA mount you did, could you explain a little more on the proces you used to mount it to the frame like this? Looks great and keeps cables neat and keeps CA out of the way in the case of a crash. Great thread here, cant thank you enough for sharing your ideas!

markw said:
snellemin said:

Hey there snellemin, I really like this CA mount you did, could you explain a little more on the proces you used to mount it to the frame like this? Looks great and keeps cables neat and keeps CA out of the way in the case of a crash. Great thread here, cant thank you enough for sharing your ideas!

I just dremeled the charge hole to a rectangle. The CA fits in there snugly and is attached with a U-shape bracket that made. The U-shape attaches to the CA mount hole and pulls the CA towards the bike frame. I should take a picture of. I'll post in soon enough, as the bike is in pieces right now.

bracket for the CA

23886B11-737A-41E7-A833-7BA303E2F3EE.jpg

Mammalian04 said:
Back together?

For now. Been riding my EVG bike in the meantime, with the old recycled laptop batteries.

Rode the Critical Mass with the beast today. Installed some really thick inner tube on the rear, running on 45 psi.

snellemin said:
Mammalian04 said:
Were you getting pinch flats?

Just once. So I got the thickest tube just in case. It would suck changing a flat in the middle of nowhere.

You might wanna look into tubeless "ghetto style". And using Stan's "No tubes Sealant" should ensure no leak and no worry.
Seems pinch flats will be of the past, and even if you should hit a nail or whatever air leaking from a tubeless will be much slower then from a tube and tire combo. And you can use those chewy tubeless repair plugs to repair tire in 1 minute. And inflate using canned air.

[youtube]kx_yvln1Kus[/youtube]

macribs said:
snellemin said:
Mammalian04 said:
Were you getting pinch flats?

Just once. So I got the thickest tube just in case. It would suck changing a flat in the middle of nowhere.

You might wanna look into tubeless "ghetto style". And using Stan's "No tubes Sealant" should ensure no leak and no worry.
Seems pinch flats will be of the past, and even if you should hit a nail or whatever air leaking from a tubeless will be much slower then from a tube and tire combo.

I'm going to try it on my other bikes. I do swap tires on the Raptor, so the tubeless idea wouldn't work it. But on my mid drive setup, I will definitely try it out.

Remember to get two-three size smaller tubes then the rim. Forgot to mention the best reason to go tubeless; those chewy tubeless repair plugs that let you fix flat roadside in less then 1 minute. Then inflate from canned air.

Tom%20Downie.jpg

macribs said:
Remember to get two-three size smaller tubes then the rim. Forgot to mention the best reason to go tubeless; those chewy tubeless repair plugs that let you fix flat roadside in less then 1 minute. Then inflate from canned air.

Sweet. I have plenty of those sticky chewy plugs.

Finally got around installing longer kickstand and reprogrammed it for street use. Going to replace the brake setup next.

D2D1B9CB-753B-4937-BABE-A4A6149EEB51.jpg

Which kickstand did you go for? I installed the fat bike stand from Luna Cycles but I feel like it is putting too much stress on the kickstand mount. I need to cut a top plate to reinforce around the bolt head (washer won't fit).

Re Stans flatless... it you don't use the bike all the time, it can pool up in the bottom of the tire and turn in to a big lump, leaving you with a mean speed wobble. On a leg powered mountain bike where saving grams by getting rid of the tube and increasing in suppleness of the tire is really important its worth the hassles, but the benefits aren't as great for a mostly pavement, already heavy wheeled ebike. But if you're committed to the route, some of the other sealants now out have a better track record of not lumping up.

Back