Adaptto BMS Battery Pack Connections / Configurations

Here is how to connect an odd number of cell groups in series to an Adaptto BMS.

index.php

Related topic: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183#p914204

Please excuse the totally basic query here, just need some clarification.
I have a Max-E and BMS for my FLX build, and also installed Mini-E with no BMS, yet, on our Stealth Fighter.
Although the literature seems to refer to a "Battery Management System", other than LV and HV cut-off via the Adaptto controller, there is no balancing of cells or cell strings is there? Isnt this just a "Battery Monitoring System", ie monitor rather than manage?
If there is an indication of out of balance cells, what can you actually do about levelling cells or strings with this system if your battery pack is all safely wrapped up in multi layers of heat shrink ?
JB

I am not sure if your are referring to your build with the separate Adaptto BMS or the one without.

If you have your battery hooked up to the Adaptto BMS the BMS:
1) Charges the whole battery until one of the cells (or more likely parallel group of cells) reaches the high point you set per cell (probably set to 4.2v).
2) It will then, through the BMS, drain the cells that are highest down to a set point.
3) then repeat until all the lowest cells are raised and the highest cells are lowered to an equilibrium point that you have set.

To my knowledge, there is no individual cell (or parallel group) charging through the BMS. Only pack charging and then individual cell (or parallel group) discharging of the cells that are too high.

Hi everybody,

I'm actually using 5x multistar 4s 16ah pack connected to the adaptto bms.

I have space in my frame and monney to buy another 5of these multistar (maybe 10if makeable)... i wonder if i can obtain a bms with 10 ports (4s ports) or if the maximum is 7ports ? thank you for help

paul

Polos said:
Hi everybody,

I'm actually using 5x multistar 4s 16ah pack connected to the adaptto bms.

I have space in my frame and monney to buy another 5of these multistar (maybe 10if makeable)... i wonder if i can obtain a bms with 10 ports (4s ports) or if the maximum is 7ports ? thank you for help

paul

20s is the recommended voltage to use adappto controllers. 22s absolute limit.

If you are thinking of adding another 5 bricks in parrallel, you do not need any more bms ports, only the five you already use. You need to parrellel two bricks together for 32ah and then use a jst bms plug that goes from two plugs to one. Two for the two lipo bricks and one for the Bms. Go onto hobby king and look for parrellel harnesses/adaptors and jst balance leads. You would have to parrellel each brick. So tou have 10 bricks in total. 5 in series and 2 in parrellel on every series connection.

brumbrum said:
If you are thinking of adding another 5 bricks in parrallel, you do not need any more bms ports, only the five you already use. You need to parrellel two bricks together for 32ah and then use a jst bms plug that goes from two plugs to one. Two for the two lipo bricks and one for the Bms. Go onto hobby king and look for parrellel harnesses/adaptors and jst balance leads. You would have to parrellel each brick. So tou have 10 bricks in total. 5 in series and 2 in parrellel on every series connection.

That's all i need to now, just to be sure ^^

thank you a lot have a nice week-end !

zooz said:
brumbrum said:
You must always have at least 2 cells in series for each bms board. So for 13s you would not be able to do..4,4,4,1. You would have to do it 4,3,3,3 or in another way where there are at least two cells together on one board.
Thanks for the info. I actually found a diagram made by Adaptto people which explains how to wire up 13s to Adaptto BMS.

Hi
any chance You can post connections here please

Thank You !
Luc

Back