Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

I sent in a few this summer.
But I think it was the last repair they were willing to do. I can check with them...

https://syqiq.tech/en

Is their new company.

Can anyone point me to the new firmware that fixes the blinking screen problem that Adappto posted about on May 31, 2016 ? I checked their website but I can't read Russian

Anyone know if it is possible to buy a replacement gate driver board from somewhere? After a number of years of not touching my cargobike with a broken max-e i finally got to some disassembly and troubleshooting. One of the gatedriver boards has some burnt components. Would probably be easy to fix with a new gate driver board. Mosfets seem fine as well as the motor and halls.

There must be many blown adaptto controllers out there, just gathering dust and taking up space..
My bike is now out of action for broken display.. Would love to keep it going. Anyone out there have an adaptto display that they'd be willing to part with?

Attached the firmware file here.

It's showing the date modified as June 2015, so likely not much newer than your current version.

Attachments

• Adaptto Firmware RC7b.zip
    63.8 KB · Views: 2
From memory it's something like this:
  1. Extract the contents of the zip file.
  2. Copy the .bin file to a full size SD card.
  3. Insert the SD card into the Adaptto Display card reader slot (you have to undo the screws holding together the two halfs of the plastic moldings. Then possibly undo the screws holding down the PCB. I think the card reader is on the back side of the PCB).
  4. Power on the controller.
  5. I Think it prompts you what to do next to load up the firmware.
  6. When it's done, power off the controller, remove SD card, put it back together

Thanks for trying, but no change and since the screen is just blinking light and dark without any words, I can't select anything. I tried center button a few times, and left and right arrows, nothing. It's pretty dumb that I had to take apart the case to get to the flash slot, instead of using the usb plug they built on the side.

@Stielz, you want to buy the display?
@Wheazel, you want to buy the remaining piece?
This Max E has been used maybe 10 times (no, not very often) with a Crystalline 3582 (or something) at 30-40 mph with a Tesla 72v battery pack. Kept inside during winter, only used in summer and never been in the rain.

Can anyone recommend a replacement 72v controller? Just whatever chinese junk is on ebay? I don't know how to program so that rules out Lyen, right? I want to go cheap this time since I got burned $900 from a barely used Adaptto, must be nice to cut and run away from junk you sell...

Yeah pretty dumb that you have to take it apart to flash firmware, and that the USB port is only for charging your phone.

If I were to buy a new controller, I'd go for a VESC based controller. I have them in my skateboard and I'm really impressed with them.
Only thing is there is quite a lot involved in setting them up, though it's done using an application on your computer or phone.

Something like this might be suitable:

Or there are cheap ones like this:

@cleverscreenname Regarding your Adaptto, it sounds like potentially your display might be faulty. Though it's possible that I might be able to repair mine at a component level by transplanting the LCD. How much would you want for it?

Cheers,
Alex

That's a great price, thanks for the ali-express link. That controller will be plug-and-play right, or do I have to run the tool first? I've got a 24" Crystalyte HS I think it's 3540? It definitely has 5 wire Halls connector, does that mean it's the 5304?

Last edited:
Nope, definitely not plug-n-play. Firstly you'd have to wire everything up (you'd have to be handy with a soldering iron). Then you do have to configure it using the VESC Tool software before you can use it. So probably not the best option if you just want to get up and running with minimal effort.

Back