Agni motor tuning and racing

Thanks Njay. It's the photo of the new brush holder that WinzEracer posted up that I'm interested in, I've not seen this style before and it's not the same as the ones in the Jozztek shop, in his website photos anyway. Any info on this with the beefy brushes?
file.php

Contact to Jozz, he has a "direct contact" to AGNI so, if those are AGNI parts, Jozz will certainly be able to get them.

The brush holder is not something that Jozzer sells. I asked him about this holder he said that though it may push more current it may not actually OUTPUT more power. I had to buy this sight unseen with no data to support if it actually produces results. I will be taking both holders to the Dyno and have results in a few weeks.

Here is a link. Though the price has gone up. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52553

Thanks winzEracer. Please post up any results you get from your dyno runs. It'll be nice to see the comparison between the two types, and a dyno of the 111R Agni with a Soliton Jr!

Hey Guys just found the Tork India video. http://torkmotorcycles.com/wp-conte...RK-INDIA_-FZ-Electric-Feature_-PowerDrift.mp4 They build a Emoto with the 111rdr and look at these numbers they are getting this is a screenshot of the video.

Tork Agni Vid.jpg

Not sure exactly what they are doing but this shot claims they are getting 50kw Const. The line under that I think says controller not sure though and says 80kw. Here is a shot of the bike with the Agni 111rdr hanging out down low.

Tork Agni 111rdr.jpg

Anyone else out there pushing this motor? If so what are you doing? I am adding High Pressure mist cooling this week with a Co2 tank, water tank and a couple solenoids. Cooling system will engage when motor gets above a certain temp. Nearly the same as the pump idea discussed here but much finer mist. I am thinking one nozzle on each side of the rotor. Any thoughts?

Brock

winzEracer said:
... I will be taking both holders to the Dyno and have results in a few weeks. ...
Any update on the results of that new brush holder & brushes?

I've dyno'd both brushholders (the other one is made by LMC), and I got more or less equal power from both, BUT with significantly more arcing from the LMC holder. THe thick wedge shape means that timing is not as precise, and the trailing edge makes lots of fireworks. I destroyed 2 sets of their brushes in 2 short tests, whereas the Agni brushes were still undamaged after a few hard runs (hitting 50HP peak at rear wheel).

Hi guys, I was never able to dyno both brush holders. I will say this power *seemed about the same* however with the LMC holder which has more plastic or Bakelite, it does not melt as easy as the Agni holders do. This is not all good however, when I was running the Agni holder they reach their thermal limit( read frocking melt and start popping and such) before the armature starts throwing solder and melting insulation. This works as a sort of last warning before you enter the bye bye $1000 zone. For pics of the results of this test feel free to look at #agnimotor on Instagram.

Thanks,
Brock

Hi Brock,

Can you post that stuff on this board or DIY EC? Or provide a link which I can see without registration. Thanks.

I will probably be off topic here but its closely related. I have etek from b&s, its same design as Agni and looks pretty similar.

20150411_125824.jpg

I had to lower voltage on my system to 37V and up the amps and was watching Jozztek vids on timing advancment.
The thing on etek is that brush holder is bolted solid and by the looks you could adjust magnets:

20150411_164927.jpg

At the front casing(right) of the motor there are oval bolt slots
Anyone has info on that?

I have 1 or 2 docs about the b&s etek but no mention of "tuning".

----

Someone just brought this to my attention:
http://www.picoamps.de/automotive/en/products_tuning_en.htm#hdk

Njay said:
I have 1 or 2 docs about the b&s etek but no mention of "tuning".

----

Someone just brought this to my attention:
http://www.picoamps.de/automotive/en/products_tuning_en.htm#hdk

If you have then on pdf or something could share them to agniusmk at gmail dot com?

winzEracer said:
Hi guys, I was never able to dyno both brush holders. I will say this power *seemed about the same* however with the LMC holder which has more plastic or Bakelite, it does not melt as easy as the Agni holders do. This is not all good however, when I was running the Agni holder they reach their thermal limit( read frocking melt and start popping and such) before the armature starts throwing solder and melting insulation. This works as a sort of last warning before you enter the bye bye $1000 zone. For pics of the results of this test feel free to look at #agnimotor on Instagram.

Thanks,
Brock

I played the Agni game for a while, I don't think that path takes you where you're looking to go, unless the path you're looking to go involves turning cash into bad smelling paper weights. They are remarkably efficient, and they do make impressive power for short bursts, and they will last in moderate/low power applications, but every high performance application I've seen running them that is actually fast just ended in bad smelling failed parts in very little track time.

liveforphysics said:
I played the Agni game for a while, I don't think that path takes you where you're looking to go, unless the path you're looking to go involves turning cash into bad smelling paper weights. They are remarkably efficient, and they do make impressive power for short bursts, and they will last in moderate/low power applications, but every high performance application I've seen running them that is actually fast just ended in bad smelling failed parts in very little track time.

What would you recommend instead?

If you have budget for 200hp, copy the lightning bike drivetrain. If you have budget for 40-70hp, I would contact http://www.rattlesnakeelectricsports.com/about-us.html

That's not to say an agni fed enough power can't make a fast lap, it's just tough to keep them together in applications with high continuous power in my experience.

liveforphysics said:
If you have budget for 200hp, copy the lightning bike drivetrain. If you have budget for 40-70hp, I would contact http://www.rattlesnakeelectricsports.com/about-us.html

That's not to say an agni fed enough power can't make a fast lap, it's just tough to keep them together in applications with high continuous power in my experience.

Interesting. Thanks for responding. I hadn't seen the Rattlesnake karts before. What about for those of us who have the budget for 10HP? Should we just save up until we have the budget for 40? Hah. I am joking. I was eyeing the Agni for an 8-10HP build when I found this thread. Sounds like the Agni is good until you start to stress it, and I'm guessing 10HP range is easy for the Agni.
Thanks for the input.

SHiFT

SHiFT said:
liveforphysics said:

Interesting. Thanks for responding. I hadn't seen the Rattlesnake karts before. What about for those of us who have the budget for 10HP? Should we just save up until we have the budget for 40? Hah. I am joking. I was eyeing the Agni for an 8-10HP build when I found this thread. Sounds like the Agni is good until you start to stress it, and I'm guessing 10HP range is easy for the Agni.
Thanks for the input.

SHiFT

For 8-10hp, I think the Agni is going to be an excellent choice.

Some people are better at holding Agni's together than others ;)

Agni's are fine and reliable inside their rated power range, the problems start when people push them to double that and still expect them to be reliable - just like most other motors we use and abuse in our EV's..

Back