Alien Drive Systems- ONDA board conversion..

beetbocks

10 kW
Ive finally got round to doing a conversion of the ONDA polymer board..Ive been wanting to do it for nearly a year now..and wished id done it sooner..its really perfect for conversion...
I'm undecided which route im going with the drive - either belt of chain..ill try both and see how they perform..
its got great low rolling resistance.so im going to try to go as small as possible on the motor to keep it light weight..
Ive got the wheel drive hub nice and perfect now..and really small and easy to fit..Truck bracket uses the same ADS motor brackets as the rest of my kits..and fits really easily too...
20140929_171531_zps6efb20ee.jpg

20140929_171606_zps1bec85f9.jpg

20140929_210317_zpsaf7e27de.jpg

20140929_205434_zpsec50d3a9.jpg

20140929_205443_zpse9568a2d.jpg

hehehe... nice,
The holding piece you did on the outside of the Wheel leave me speechless, such a beauty...
The space in between the Wheel and the truck leaves room for a chain sprocket, but congrats for managing to place a pulley for belt here,
(For a 1WD there is always enought room to shift the motor mount)
As mentionned earlier, the bigger wheels seem prone to speed wobble...
I guess you don't mind if I let OndaMotion know about your kit ?

Thanks..its a nice board to work with actually ..wait until you see my battery box and ESC cover..:) the intention is that it can be removed easily...
as regards speed wobble - i think that is more down to the riders ability..i'm riding it on the yellow bushes and its lively but manageable...on the harder bushes it would be rock solid... years of riding a snowboard ( and falling off ) on a flat base...a light touch is needed...
yeah let Onda know..its a pity they've stopped making this deck..a wooden is to maintstream in my opinion.. be different...

P.s. Ive just booked my summer family hols next years..Euro camping in France..5 days of which is near Annecy.. near you?

beetbocks said:
yeah let Onda know..its a pity they've stopped making this deck..a wooden is to maintstream in my opinion.. be different...
P.s. Ive just booked my summer family hols next years..Euro camping in France..5 days of which is near Annecy.. near you?

For the few infos I got from Ondamotion and e-boards after they got in touch with me since my built a year ago,
they can't really tell if they will move on or not to that market
(it’s already quite a competitive market, and opensource design are anyway challenging commercial designs)
Maybe we see a hollow polymer deck as I posted below in the future, who knowes...
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=59991&start=25

Yes, I am close to Annecy, lovely place actually, maybe we could meet ?

AH WELL.-Im only doing it for the fun of it..TBH.. a hollow polymer deck would be easy......
ive gone down the easy fit and easy remove route for my electronics..i should have it finished this week..

yeah -ill be taking at least one board with me to Annecy- so we could go for a ride? i've only ever been to the Alps in the winter- so i'm excited to see in in the summer- beautiful part of the world..

The onda wheels rock...
thay allow use at very high speeds on my countrie's not so perfect concrete and roads.
Even my 98mm abecs feel rough after riding these... however beware lateral grip... a little less than one might want.. but other than that they are perfect..
With my 12 s system they also allowed a nice big grippy #25 chain and gearing, as well as a band brake setup... sounds like a mini jet.. and requires zero maintanance.
I use the wheels on bear 24.5mm trucks though...

beetbocks said:
...yeah -ill be taking at least one board with me to Annecy- so we could go for a ride? i've only ever been to the Alps in the winter- so i'm excited to see in in the summer- beautiful part of the world..
I look forward to see your enclosure :wink: and there is a good chance that we go for (at least one) ride next summer in Annecy (actually my wife wants to spend some days there, so maybe I take some days off and multiply the possibilities to ride with u :mrgreen: )

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
beetbocks said:
...yeah -ill be taking at least one board with me to Annecy- so we could go for a ride? i've only ever been to the Alps in the winter- so i'm excited to see in in the summer- beautiful part of the world..
I look forward to see your enclosure :wink: and there is a good chance that we go for (at least one) ride next summer in Annecy (actually my wife wants to spend some days there, so maybe I take some days off and multiply the possibilities to ride with u :mrgreen: )

sounds like a plan.!!!

and \Beto- yeah they are rather sketchy on the lateral load/carving..its a bit like snowboarding..but i like it.. I plan to keep it as light as possible with medium speed - so im going to try a 7s battery and a single 50mm motor..I have both chain and belt drive so- ill test both..

7s 6300mah removable battery cover done..in 3mm ABS so super strong ..you can stand on it easily.. just the ESC cover to cut to shape..
It snaps over the edge of the deck and then is held in place with velcro- very secure
20141007_214743_zpst1f7z0nc.jpg

20141007_214751_zpsxi6yp5p0.jpg

20141007_214754_zpshystpxnz.jpg

Wooow, Clever "Keep It Simple" design - How does the components hold Inside ? I maybe misunderstood, will you make a specific cover for the ESC ? I guess you will route the cables under the deck?

the battery is a very tight snug fit- and yes i have a separate ESC cover that sits on the back tail.. yep wires go through the board then up through the hanging bracket hole at the tail..

yeah you would think so..ha ..i've run out of motors and batteries ..i've built that many boards!! lol... they should arrive this week..
once i've tested it and it runs ok..ill look at what ill do with the brackets...no problem

well i have been neglecting the Onda build due to other commitments but ive managed to get the ESC cover finished and a revised (smaller ) battery box for testing..im just waiting for the motor and battery to arrive...
Im pretty happy with the finish of the covers and they blend in nicely...
20141027_201542_zpsoc16urbx.jpg

20141027_201523_zpswna3w671.jpg

20141027_201531_zpsvkadvgw1.jpg

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
woohoow that's neat, amaizing how u managed to fit to the deck shape
i've machined a wooden mold on the NC mill formed it on my vac molder then trimmed the Abs back with a dremmel...fairly simple and i can make as many as i want now...:) same with the battery box..
the vac molder is an invaluable tool..it does help that i have use of a CNC miller also..:)

esccover_zps41a1a497.jpg

Tell me you have been using a 3D scanner to get the wooden mold shape so right, then I might really become jealous (just kidding :p )
..or was it some Cardboard Assisted Design ?
images

Back