Anyone have a charger adjustable to the 50.0 to 50.4V range?

Russell

1 MW
Has anyone checked the voltage range of their "36V" lithium battery charger? I'm most interested in the 4-5A aluminum case models sold by ecitypower/bmsbattery, evassemble and optional from Ping but any widely available charger would be ok as long as it's reasonably priced and adjustable. Can anyone with an adjustable 36V charger check to see what the range is?

I have a couple of 6S LiPo batteries on the way from Hobby City and I'd like to bulk charge them in series so I'm looking for a lithium battery charger which is adjustable to 50.0V to 50.4V via an onboard pot. I have an aluminum case "48V" 240W lithium charger from ecitypower (model EP6004JL) that has a voltage range of 50.5V to 70.3V which I use at 55.5V for my 15S LiFePO4 pack that I could tweak down to the lower limit but I'd prefer to keep it set where it is and purchase another charger for the LiPo packs.

-R

I just use my Meanwell on my 6s Turnigys. I actually got a true Meanwell that didnt arrive DOA like the other POS knockoff supplies on ebay. Modded it by the book according to one of the threads. Im getting 450w+/- or a little over 10A at 50.4v and solid voltage with no drift with my 15 turn precision 10k pot on SVR1. I can adjust it all the way down below 20v and up to 58v with amazing resolution. Im currently charging at 25.2v @ about 250-300w or little over 10A. The current limit seems to be locked in at about 10-10.5A no matter what voltage. No funny smells or buzzzing. Not really that much heat. I charged in my garage and indoors. I have the always on fan mod too.

I would prefer to use an off the shelf charger rather than a power supply. My 48V charger is adjustable from 50.5V to 70.3V and could be used at the low end perhaps with a diode to drop it a bit more but I'd rather use a 36V model if say it's adjustable from 38 to 52V. Surely someone here has an adjustable charger from Ping, ecitypower, evassemble or another vendor and has checked out the range over which it can be set. :|

-R

Someone on this forum must have a (KingPower?) 36V lithium charger from Ping, evassemble or bmsbattery/ecitypower and a meter and the curiosity to turn a pot to see what the adjustment range is. :?

-R

Russell said:
Someone on this forum must have a (KingPower?) 36V lithium charger from Ping, evassemble or bmsbattery/ecitypower and a meter and the curiosity to turn a pot to see what the adjustment range is. :?

-R

Russell.... did you ever find an answer to your question? I know this thread is a few months old, but rather than start another, I thought I'd ask. :)

I have two 24v lifepo4 packs, each with a BMS, and I'm looking for a couple portable 24v chargers that can be adjusted. Reason being... I'm using a Journey 36v 20a controller that has 55v capacitors in it. The chargers that came with the batt packs charge them to 29.7 volts each. The total is higher than the caps and can blow them. I'd like to change the cutoff to 27.5 volts or less.

Thanks

Todd

http://www.bmsbattery.com/37-ebike-charger
Should have what you want.

I forgot to specify that they need to be small and light (portable).

I've checked out that site, but the selection is a bit overwhelming and none that I could find are easily adjustable. I don't mind opening one and adjusting the pots, but without a schematic, it's a bit difficult. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a specific model that works well. Thanks!

Edit: I had noticed that the website shows several that work with Lipo AND sla batteries. Just to clarify something.... if the pack has a BMS, then you don't need a balancing charger??

You can specify any voltage you want and they will build it to that voltage.

Back