• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Anyone tried bikesuit for rain?

contador

100 W
http://www.bikesuit.eu/

Hi,I live in a place where rain is present almost all winter .And I mean serious rain,windy fronts from the Atlantic ocean, coming and going again and again.
recently I found this and I wonder
how well does it works...

hopefully better then their web page currently ;(

ok worked when I refreshed. The video gave me a retry later error originally.

Looks pretty nice. Like to hear some reviews. 288$ seems like a good price if it works as well as it should.

So it's an adult onesie that wraps around your legs, so you don't have to step into it with wet feet.

$288 you say? not $28.99 ?

I think I will pass. Traditional wet weather gear won't bring me to tears when I snag it.

Yes,price is a little too steep,but I would consider buying it if really works.
Anyway I never used a rain cape that maybe is the best option in terms of waterproofness although
on a windy day aerodynamics would be an issue.

I often look at the chinese capes, but wonder how well they would perform out of the city in a windy environment. Worst case scenario is it blows up over your face, Or could if be that it turns you into a sail. It's hard to call. Something tells me they don't make it out of china for a reason though.

D8veh, who lives in England, recommends an extra large poncho with the leading edge draped over the handle bars. Would not offer the total protection of a rain suit, but could protect the controller, batteries, gauges, etc. from the weather. Perhaps the leading edge could be weighted to help it stay put, and of course, ride slower.

I had a black rain suit many years ago for my motorcycle. In Texas, the thunder storms are quite severe. I got caught in one and put it on under an overpass. Later the sun came out and the black literally cooked me. I have a patch of skin on my arm that got 2nd degree burns from the hot sun beating down on the black material. Not fun. Not sure if this would be an issue in Spain though.

The suit looks cool but why don't you log onto a motorcycle web site or visit a motorcycle store and compare. I have noticed that bicycle specific stuff tends to be more expensive than Motorcycle stuff and Rain gear is fairly generic.

It is a cool, inovative suit though.

Ch00paKabrA said:
The suit looks cool but why don't you log onto a motorcycle web site or visit a motorcycle store and compare. I have noticed that bicycle specific stuff tends to be more expensive than Motorcycle stuff and Rain gear is fairly generic.

Pinesal said:
whats wrong with a rain coat and rain pants?

Well,I should have mentioned that breathability is as important as waterproofness because I usually ride both electric and human powered bikes and my commute is 30 km round trip.
On the electric bike any rain gear would work fine as long as it keeps water outside,but on the regular bicycle a fabric that does not make you sweat is recommended.

I actually use a body glove wetsuite and pack my clothes to get dressed at destination , blocks wind, prevents ouch from rain falling too quickly is largely water proof. I've used the rain gear suits before but they dont last for squat - Maybe some fishing gear or HD hazmat suits would work :)

www.veltop.eu
dryve.info
nubrella.com
www.recumbentragtops.net

Hopefully this will help)

Back