Anyone with enduro frame

11spokes

1 W
Hi,
Wondering if there's anyone especially Aussies out there who have bought an enduro e bike frame. I'm thinking of buying one from em3ev with the volcano shocks.

Wondering what set ups you have used and where you sourced your parts from.
At the moment I am thinking of using a cromotor, but not sure where I would get it laced. I would like to have roughly a 24 moto wheel but not sure if I can get one in this size.

Also I would like to use an adapto controller. Where would be the best place to buy one from?
I recently bought an 84v fully charged 20s 10p Samsung 30q pack from em3ev. It's roughly 30 ah. I would like to use this pack in the enduro frame.
I used this pack with an Infineon 40a controller and a crystalyte 4040 hub motor but recently burnt the motor out after about 300k. But i never went easy on the motor. I had a CAV2.4 I wish I had bought the v3 so I had some temperature monitoring.

After this build I have realised the need for much better suspension for high speed and also temperature monitoring.
I have included a pic of my old setup. She was a beast until the 4040 burnt out :(

If anyone has any tips for me on where to source parts and best parts to use it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ben

I have also considered using a qs205 or qs273 any opinions on these motors

Attachments

• IMG_1334.JPG
    IMG_1334.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 386
Hi,
Adaptto list dealers on the website, you'll also find Arthur and Allex on ES. I suggest you to get in touch with Samd regarding a controller.
Is there a reason you are set on an Adaptto? They are expensive but have a lot of features, I don't think you will need a CA if go Adaptto. The BMS and charge capability also appeals to lot of customers, does your EM3V battery already has a BMS?
I've read good reviews on the qs205. The qs273 looks like a beast and is considerably heavier. I haven't owned either QS or cromotor so others will know more.
I have a 20S battery and I've been putting 65amp through my 4040. Maybe I'm on borrowed time.
GL

I'm currently building an Electric Enduro frame. As you are in Australia, I'd highly recommend going over to Ballarat ebikes and looking at the Mobipus controller. I was set on an Adaptto until I saw the Mobipus.

The Mobipus is just small enough to fit sidways into the Enduro frame. I plan on mounting mine on the same holes / bolts that the seat connects to. I too am running 20S but only 20AH. I'm using a 17" moto-rim with a QS205V3 3.5T. A 19" moto-rim would fit fine, but I'd be skeptical that a 24" rim with tire would fit. It's plenty of motor for me. I think the QS273 would really only gain you something if you were after 100kmh or more.

-jim

Hi Rube and king James,

Yes the em3ev battery does have a BMS. I would be interested to know how the qs205 compares to the cromotor.
The 4040 was a great motor but wish I was monitoring the temp. The motor burned out on a very windy track where I was braking then going hard on the throttle for a good half hour.

I am now interested in the mobipus controller as well. But its hard to find much info on it. Would it work with a CAV3 or can it be used with windows mob, would the settings be adjustable. Would definitely like to find out some more info on this.
And what are the benifits over the adaptto controller.

Ben.

Back