bairdco racing at adams, september 15, 2012

Good News Thud!

I have an extra controller here that we built while you were out here. I will be doing some motor mayhem work tonight. I have one motor that just needs the crossover wire welded and another with a bad Hall (hopefully).

Is anybody else using 119? A friend of mine is coming and needs a number.

gates open at 7am. i told them to leave the gate unlocked for overnight campers, so if you come in friday night it should be open. i'll call and double check friday morning.

we get the track at 2pm. there's open kart practice until then.

race will tentatively start at 5 pm.

not sure of the format yet. been thinking about 2 classes.

one slow cruiser, non competitive class.

and then run everyone else. 20 riders per heat for 20 laps. 2 heats each, then break that down into semis, losers bracket, etc, with a 20 lap final.

or the traditional classes by power, speed, engine type, etc.

we'll have a riders meeting and i'll let you guys decide.

it's supposed to be 100+ degrees in the afternoon. bring plenty of fluids, shade, etc.

mains will be after dark, so it'll be cooler.

any questions, email me at bairdcobikes@gmail.com

good luck everyone, thanks for coming out, and see you saturday!

bairdco said:
not sure of the format yet. been thinking about 2 classes.

one slow cruiser, non competitive class.

and then run everyone else. 20 riders per heat for 20 laps. 2 heats each, then break that down into semis, losers bracket, etc, with a 20 lap final.

That sounds perfect to me. I like it. Maximum diversity of vehicles and propulsion systems going head to head on the track at the same time is always the most fun. :)

Hmmm, hoping for the three class setup, people like myself entering a bike more than one class kinda get boned. my votes in for a mid/low and mid/high class.

Since I'm close by in L.A. I'm planning to come and pay homage to you guys as a spectator. Also happy to lend a helping hand to those in need.

Anybody from the LA area who's thinking of going and that wants to carpool lemme know.

Aah! My friend who is tagging along with us down to the track had a charger malfarction and blew it up. Can anybody bring an 18s charger down to the track? Or a higher power 6s charger would be awesome

I made it to Cali. (that's a long drive baby!)
we'll see you at the track.....I don't think my e-bike set up will make 2-20 lap races....but its all good.
time to see how the 2-stroke likes California air.
see you in the pits.

Thud said:
I made it to Cali. (that's a long drive baby!)
we'll see you at the track.....I don't think my e-bike set up will make 2-20 lap races....but its all good.
time to see how the 2-stroke likes California air.
see you in the pits.

Will it not live because of battery life? You running 12s? I have an extra 20Ah 12s pack laying around if you want it.

Farfle said:
Aah! My friend who is tagging along with us down to the track had a charger malfarction and blew it up. Can anybody bring an 18s charger down to the track? Or a higher power 6s charger would be awesome

I can bring you a 1kw 18s charger.

Farfle said:

Oops! I didn't notice Luke's post. Looks like you've got it covered.

Thud... Glad you made it. Did you stop at all? :mrgreen:

Unless someone has grabbed a new number this summer, these are open E-numbers (does it matter at Bairdcos?)

#102, 105, 107, 118-122, 125-129, 5th grade deductive math tells you which numbers are taken :p

Have a couple of extra 6S 6Ahr lipos & 1 5S 8Ahr brick.

Available if needed 600W 18S charger with small & large bullet & anderson connector adaptors, 1 caveat; it kicks off at 4.15V per cell/73.8V/6A.

Limited number plates.

See you there, and Wingtip, come on out, we can always use more pictures, extra notes on lap times, place finishes, ect. . .

We need to keep the big fast sweeping turn clean, be good to have a blower or 2 on hand.
R-C9M66.jpg
Let's RACE :!:

This is Etard, accidental login error!! :lol:

Man, the ebike woes are settling in hard down here... I just discovered a flowerbox full of dead daisies in my battery tray. :evil: Must have left the switch in the on position before parking it last time (3 months ago). All the 6S packs are reading like 5 volts, AAARRRRRRGGGGGG!!! I still have a semi- runnable pack left, but the good ones are all shit.

Is anybody camping tonight down at the track?

Thud said:
This is Etard, accidental login error!! :lol:

Man, the ebike woes are settling in hard down here... I just discovered a flowerbox full of dead daisies in my battery tray. :evil: Must have left the switch in the on position before parking it last time (3 months ago). All the 6S packs are reading like 5 volts, AAARRRRRRGGGGGG!!! I still have a semi- runnable pack left, but the good ones are all shit.

Is anybody camping tonight down at the track?

What voltage do you need?

i just called the track again too make sure, and they're leaving the gate open for anyone coming in tonight to camp.

there's drifter car practice going on right now till ten so there should be people there.

camp in the upper pit area ( the big lot right when you pull in the gate from the front parking lot) not the lower pits (cement area near the track.)

you can have alcohol and controlled campfire in the upper pits.

dunno how strict they are about sneaking on the track in the middle of the night, so, uh, don't do it? ;)

open kart practice starts at 7am.

i'll be there around noon.

see ya tomorrow!

Still making last minute work on deathbike. It's gonna be a long night, but I think we will make it.

Arrrgggh! I just saw this thread and I'm literally vibrating trying to make a decision on whether to chance it and head west. My neck has been feeling pretty good for the last few days and I have about 10 tramadols left if it flares up. This might be my last chance to race my bike...ever!

Things that I'm worried about.

1. I have $260 to my name and my rv gets 10mpg ish, so $130 in fuel + $50 entry fee, if it's not already too late. I'd have to camp until monday, work a couple of days at labor ready to get back to AZ. It's a 6 hour drive.

2. The bike has knobbies on it. I'd need some slicks to be competitive but would run the knobbies if I had to.

3. I'm supposed to be helping a friend build lights for a baja 1000 race bike tomorrow......but I think he'd understand if I went racing instead.

4. How long is the track? How much time between heats? My bike takes 4-5 hours to recharge and is good for at least 15 miles at race speeds. It uses 6-6s lipo packs but I gave away all of my spares. Doh!

So, I'm going to leave it to fate.

If someone between Camp Verde and Riverside wants to go and can throw down on fuel, or if anyone at the race wants to buy any of the crap I just posted for sale, my decision would be much easier. I know it's last minute but everything in my life tends to be that way. Just throwing it out there! We'll see what happens I guess.

If I'm not able to make it, I'll be with you guys in spirit!

Good Luck at the Races folks.

I can't make it this time but I'll be watching here.

Folks wanting to be notified about West Coast US events should subscribe to the West Coast US Events thread.

Folks noticing any West Coast US Events should post a notice about them in that thread to help publicize it to interested parties.

Give em hell guys!

Can't wait for the videos. :twisted:

I forgot all my camera equip and go pros. So we will have to rely on other folks for cool vids.
Aceutero and I drove all night and made it here. I'm trying to nap in the parking lot now.

Back