Best rear tire for 26" DD hub motor

E-HP said:
I'm wondering how well the side knobs handle dirt to pavement transitions. After crashing with my Crazy Bob's, when they didn't hook up when going from the dirt shoulder to the pavement, I'm looking for a tire with decent side knobs to replace them when they wear out.

Do understand that tread elements such as knobs only work in your favor when you're dealing with a surface that is softer than your tire. When pavement is the surface, it's the texture of the pavement that counts, not that of the tire.

Tread features have no ability to dig into pavement; it's the other way around. That's why all racing vehicles use slick tires on dry pavement.

Balmorhea said:
E-HP said:
I'm wondering how well the side knobs handle dirt to pavement transitions. After crashing with my Crazy Bob's, when they didn't hook up when going from the dirt shoulder to the pavement, I'm looking for a tire with decent side knobs to replace them when they wear out.

Do understand that tread elements such as knobs only work in your favor when you're dealing with a surface that is softer than your tire. When pavement is the surface, it's the texture of the pavement that counts, not that of the tire.

Tread features have no ability to dig into pavement; it's the other way around. That's why all racing vehicles use slick tires on dry pavement.

Maybe, but I didn't have the problem when I was riding knobbies. Either way, lost confidence in the tire, and it slides around a lot on hardpack and loses traction climbing on dirt more than I like too.

Back