BMS Battery 900w Charger, any good?

Timma2500

1 kW
Hi all,

After my Meanwell died on the weekend i'm thinking of getting one of those BMS Battery 900w chargers to charge my 20s lipo.

Has anyone used one? If so, was / is it reliable?

Cheers,

Paul :D

I like mine so far.
I use the 900w charger on an 18s 15A Lipo pack. I would say that I have used it about 40- 50 times to bulk charge the batteries. I usually check the individual packs after a ride, before and after I bulk charge. The deepest I have discharged the individual cells were to 3.6 volts. IIRC it took 1-1.5 hours before the charger light turned green. (I'll set a stop watch next time) It usually it takes about an hour when they are down to 3.7 volts. I had BMS Battery set the charger conservatively to 73.8 volts @ 10 amps, thinking I would mess with it later. I haven't so far. Right now most of the cells charge anywhere between 4.07 volts and 4.10 volts. I also have an Eco Eight Hobbyking balance charger that I have used a few times since bulk charging. That was mostly used to bring one pack that had a low cell.

Cheers boys good to hear your happy with them, I'll go ahead and order 2 of the 900w units, one setup for 12s and one for 20s.

I like the idea of BMS setting them up just shy of a full charge too, maybe 49.5v for 12s and 82v for 20s.

Paul :D

Back